WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Stockade Bed and Breakfast

The Stockade Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Baton Rouge B&B and Inns
North Vancouver, Canada
“Nice hotel, "owner a bit hyper"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Really nice place (building) but the owner is a bit hyper I feel. Was advised that "europeans" usually just have toast for breakfast. Not the case.. Had to kind of "sorce out" the owner at breakfast, did not feel too comfortable in her company.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
missjd, Owner at The Stockade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Whoops, my bad, maybe I had one too many cups of our delicious Louisiana coffee that day! And, I believe this guest misunderstood my comment about the toast which was intended to be a joke. I serve full breafast to ALL guests usually offering a choice of options. I don't understand the "sorce out" comment, so I cannot respond to it. It is never my intent to upset or offend a guest, so I apologize to this guest if that was his perception.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Southern U.S.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were gifted a 4 night stay in the "Blue Room". We loved it! Janice was very nice and the breakfasts were delicious. We definitely recommend this b&b to others!

Also if you are a True Blood fan, they filmed Bill and Sookies engagement here! Bill even signed her guest book!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
missjd, Owner at The Stockade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I hope that you were able to relax and rekindle as was the hope of the couple who sent you here. I love the verse from Mark 6:31, "And He said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while." It is my sincere pleasure to provide a haven to accomplish this goal. Vaya con Dios, my friends.
Wahl, Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was our first stay at a Bed & Breakfast, as we have always been a little suspicious of how good this type accommodation really could be. Well, all our worries were proven wrong, we were absolutely delighted by the experience! We felt so welcome at the Stockade, it was almost like coming home.

The rooms are so beautifully decorated, every room (we had two) had a unique vibe and "personality" to it, you can feel this place is run with love and passion. We immediately felt like we had lived in this place forever.

And while it was our first stay, it certainly won't be our last. We are already planning on exploring Louisiana more in-depth next year, and we will certainly chose the Stockade as our "home-base".

Breakfast was delicious too, especially the home-made pecan pie, we love that one! Also, be sure to check out Sammy's on the other side of the road, their po-boys are delicious, and you wouldn't believe that they also have file on the menu - a delicious one too! In Europe, you would need to visit a high-end restaurant to get that quality meat!

So a big thank you to Janice for the wonderful stay, we enjoyed ourselves, and we will be back as soon as possible.

PS: And a little notice to all Truebies out there, this is the place Bill Compton proposed to Sookie - and his actual signature is in the guest book too! Don't miss that!

Room Tip: Of the two rooms we had booked, our favorite was the Garden room - nice, quiet on the backside, with...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Riverside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

My second stay here was as good as the first. Lovely, comfortable rooms. Wonderfully prepared and generous breakfast with the hosts friendly conversation. On the Highland historic drive, but only 15 minutes from LSU and downtown. Sammy's Grill is a great eatery just across the street.

• Stayed November 2012
West Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My mom, sister and I have stayed at the Stockade for the past 3 years when we go to Baton Rouge for our Mother-Daughter get away. It is easy access to downtown, LSU, and all the shopping and dining places that we love. Breakfast is always wonderful and a refrigerator is always stocked with drinks and snacks are readily available. Janice has gone out of her way to accommodate our needs every time we come.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This Bed and Breakfast is truly a gem and innkeeper Janice made the experience extra special. The landscaping was beautiful. You can tell that the Stockade is a labor of love. The decor was eclectic and fully in keeping with the personality of the inn. Janice has an artist's eye and a heart of gold. The breakfasts were delicious and it was lovely to sit and relax and chat comfortably in the beautiful dining room. My wife and I would highly recommend a stay at the Stockade. You will be in for a treat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Russell and Mad... B
missjd, Owner at The Stockade Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! It is my pleasure to share The Stockade with my guests from all over the globe. Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again!

Best Wishes,
Janice, Innkeeper
Helmbrechts, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed for our honeymoon and really enjoyed it. The staff is nice, the atmosphere is great and the rooms are just amazing. We stayed in the Rex Room which we can only recommend. The breakfast was more than enough, there were snacks and beverages for us all day long, and all of very good quality. For honeymooners it is ideal, since you won't get disturbed and the whole atomsphere is luxurious and cozy. Not to mention the huge and nice bed, I didn't sleep that well in months (or probably years). Perkin's Rowe and other Malls are in a short driving distance, some food places close enough to walk. The arboretum is close by and worth a short stay. All in all I am glad we chose thise place, especially for this price. Thanks to Janice and her staff to make this happen!

Room Tip: From what I saw they are all nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple