“4th year to stay here. Somehting is starting to be missed”

Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge
Ranked #23 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the last four years at the same time every october. The hotel has a great location, hot food, basketball court outside, business center,pool and work out center. Each time we have stayed we stayed in a two room suite with a connecting middle living room and kitchen and sometimes even a second suite. Over all we are well pleased but I noticed as we stayed there for 5 days that the management is starting to take there eye off the ball. If you stayed for one night you wouldn't even see it. We asked for double towels for several days until we finnally received them on the third day. At breakfast even though they had someone watching over everything the attention to detail in the food was missing. We asked the desk for shammpoo since the maid left two bottles of conditioner and it took three days to get it resolved. Often the front desk staff were not as dressed in times past but very casual. I am a member of the travel club at this hotel and it didn't seem to matter nor the attention to detail in many parts of the hotel. We checked out a basketball for our grandson to use and it was not in great condition. We regulary spend 800.00 to 1,600.00 at this hotel on our stays and I think after looking at the other hotels listed on this site that for my stay next time I might try another hotel that has not taken it's eye off the bubble.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have stayed at this Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge in Baton Rouge a number of times for business and personal travel. As always, they have exceeded my expectations. Great location and excellent hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have stayed here about four times I think now and it always meets or exceeds my expectations. the staff is great, the property is clean, although the rooms are getting a little worn. The breakfasts and the Manager's Receptions are done well. The location, for me, is great. It is close to where I have to be and there are at least seven good restaurants within easy walking distance plus a supermarket. It's back off the main roads so it's also very quiet. I enjoyed the fact there were a couple of tables outside for relaxing in the evenings.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for over 2 weeks. The hotel was very clean, and the staff was friendly and very accommodating. Colette at the front desk was the model of customer service. She checked on us daily to make sure we had everything that we needed. The hotel has a small fitness center and laundry facility on site which is a bonus. Nearby restaurants include, Carabba's, PF Chang's, Five Guys Burgers, plus a Whole Foods. There are also many shops; Gap, Loft, Banana Republic, Talbots, all within walking distance. Overall, our experience with this hotel was excellent. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. My only suggestion is that they offer rental of a DVD player or Movie Channel, for those guests with longer stays.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

If you're lucky, you'll get Colette at the registration desk. She has always been a shining example of southern hospitality and professionalism. Our first room had a plumbing problem, so she upgraded us for our annual 1.5 week stay. The pool, hotel facilities and restaurant are always well maintained. We always enjoy our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: South side on an upper floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kaycee2881
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband has been staying here for the past three weeks waiting on the move-in date of our new home. The front desk happily receives and hold packages that I've mailed to him, laundry facilities are on site, and the suite is a great size and has all the necessary amenities for a longer stay. My sons and I just joined him here, so now there are 4 of us in the suite (tighter, but temporary). It's been a great stay, and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. The location is also great for dining and shopping.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Sheryl F
Reviewed August 8, 2013

One night stay here was awesome. Colette at the front desk was wonderful by greeting with a "Welcome back...." She remembered me from a previous visit and went out of her way to make me feel welcome. As well as giving me a " big thank you and see you next time" as I walked out the next morning. her and the rest of the staff were all great. I will definitely be coming back!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business