“This food made me have stomach issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of King Buffet

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“This food made me have stomach issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 11, 2010

So jen and me and another went to this place and thought it was a good place for the right price but it is over priced. There is now JUMBO SNOW CRAB LEGS. The sushi has no fish or taste of the matter. Me and the other guy went straight to the restroom soon after finishing our meal. Then again not even five minutes later. Jen was green around the gills. Overall this is a terrible buffet and we will not be going to it again.

3 Thank Jotofag

“Way to Go”
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Really - this place was one of the only places we could find open when the power was out in most of the city after Hurricane Gustav. Wanted to sing the Hallelujah Chorus! The food was not bad. I did have some not-to-be-discussed stomach issues after eating, but that could have been irrelevant; we had been living in mosquitoes, heat and humidity for a week. They had lots of seafood which my girlfriend LOVES, so I would definitely go there again if she wanted to. Prices are fair, too.

1 Thank nicluvscarrie6
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wide selection at an affordable price, large varieties of seafood and sushi selections”
Reviewed April 19, 2010

A lay back environment and friendly atmosphere. They have great selection of items for everyone. This is the restaurant to dine for a taste of louisiana seafood with a mixture of Chinese, Japanese and American food. They have jumbo snow crab legs, boiled Louisiana blue crab and crawfish and oysters. My favorite dish is the salt and pepper jumbo shrimp with a twist of lemon and the Chinese dimsums. On my way out, I grabbed an ice cream cone topped with chocolate syrup. Yum Yum. Give them a try and I guaranteed it will be a one of a kind of experience. Welcome to Louisiana!!!!!

1 Thank CajunLover3
Baton Rouge, LA
“Always fresh, always clean, great service!”
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Why do you go to a Chinese buffet, or any buffet for that matter? We go when we are shopping and realized we were hungry too late to go to a regular restaurant that you have to order and wait for your food. Every time we go to the King Buffet, it is alway clean, the food is fresh(buffet is well stocked and taken care of), they have enough selection for all ages - even my picky two year old. Lots of fresh fruit, and boiled seafood, and just lots of seafood in general. My fav is the sole, I guess it is, and I love the new octopus salad! The sushi is ok too. If you are lucky, you can get some of their steamed dumplings, but they go very fast. I love their hot and sour soup - great taste!

1 Thank botmatrix
Cincinnati
“High Quality, Great Variety and a Lot of Seafood”
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We were visiting relatives and shopping at the Mall of Louisiana, and got hungry. We decided to go to King Buffet for lunch. It was only $6.99. There was a lot of seafood and a variety of other food. The seafood was fresh and was overall delicious. The value was very high, and much better than the food court at the mall! I'm not sure if this is a chain, but we ate at a King Buffet in Tallahassee and it was very similar.

1 Thank LiketoeatCincinnati