“No bathtub in room!”

Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I give my stay a very poor rating because I was so upset and disappointed over only having a shower in my room. A hot bath is my way of winding down after a long day of business and I could not do this in a shower.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (1,170)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The staff at the Hilton Capitol Baton Rouge were exceptionally attentive and friendly from the moment we arrived until our departure. Rooms were excellent and location perfect our our needs. Recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I traveled to Banton Rouge, La for a football game Southern U vs Jackson State. We stay a Marriott downtown it was very nice, everyone was friendly, the area has variety of entertainment, club, casino, dining, etc.... we really enjoyed ourselves. Can't wait to the next football game we will defintely stay at the Marriott-downtown again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Hilton Baton Rouge in Capitol Center. The Hilton hotel brand continues to keep their standards high and their rates reasonable. Every City I travel to, I look for a Hilton prior to my arrival. They are always my first choice!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was in and out for business, great service, food and location for visiting Baton Rouge and business. Surrounding area is filled with interesting historical character. The hotel looked like it was being upgraded so it will be interesting to see what they are doing when I get back.

Room Tip: Great river views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had a very nice junior king suite overlooking the river with access to the executive club. I would stay at this hotel again, but would make sure I knew where I wanted to go as the staff couldn't direct me. Once I asked valet about a historial location. He said he wasn't sure, but thought it might be.... The valets were all nice, however. We asked the man in the executive club about the trolley. He didn't know. I called the front desk the next morning and they didn't know about the trolley, but switched me to the concierge who never answered the phone. Found it one block over. Had a wonderful narrated tour-free. Runs 10:30-2:30. I was impressed with the service at the bar. Very nice lady bartender. Housekeeping--needs LOTS of instructions for this quality of hotel. Clean towels were left sitting on the counter in the bathroom. Coffee was not replenished, dirty glasses weren't removed nor clean ones left. Dirty linens are left in the hallways outside all rooms until after 3:00 in the afternoon. Don't know why they weren't removed when the rooms were serviced in the morning. Maid knocked on our door at 8:45 on the morning of checkout which isn't until noon. I suggest putting the "Do Not Disturb" sign out the night before you are leaving.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The security, front desk, and room server were very polite respectful people! The only problem I had was with housekeeping remembering to refill toilet paper and leave extra towels. VERY comfortable beds!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business