“Customer service above and beyond”

Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here for five nights for a conference and was extremely happy. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious, and each and every staff member went out of their way to be friendly, professional, and accommodating. Kudos to whoever oversees staff training for this hotel. The few (minor) issues I had with my room were promptly addressed. The bacon at the hotel restaurant was also delicious, and we really enjoyed having a river view room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
HiltonBR, General Manager at Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing the Hilton Capitol Center for your stay in Baton Rouge. We are so glad you had a great experience at our hotel and we would love to have you stay with us again! Please let us know if there is ever anything we could do to make your stay more enjoyable!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center

Reviewed August 1, 2012

During my friends' recent wedding weekend, I stayed at this hotel. I booked here as part of the wedding party block of rooms and was delighted with the accommodations.

This building itself is gorgeous. The corner room I had was spacious, immaculately clean, well-furnished, and cozy. The bed was so comfortable, I actually took a day off from exploring and had a lie-in. It was a day well spent!

The service at this hotel is exemplary. Everyone was polite, friendly, and eager to help. I arrived later in the day and when I asked about the location of the gift shop (so I could get some beverages and/or snacks), Rochera behind the desk was courteous enough to open the closed shop just for me so that my needs were satisfied. She waited patiently while I did my quick shopping. She also helped me with a couple of questions I had and was a phenomenal help.

The room service menu is plentiful and delicious. I ordered four times over six days and each meal was hearty, satisfying, and reasonably priced.

The Kingfish Lounge in the hotel lobby is well-staffed by Kelly and Kasha behind the bar and this little venue sees a lot of business on the weekends. The weekend I was there, there was a high school reunion in the hotel, two weddings in addition to the one I was there to attend, and a planetarium society conference in town: members of each group found their ways the the lounge and it was an unexpected party! Good times!

If I ever journey to Baton Rouge again, this will be my hotel of choice. I was comfortable, rested, and content. Top notch service and clean, comfortable rooms are always in demand...this hotel offers both. Safe travels...

• Stayed: July 2012

We are so glad you had a great experience at our hotel and in Baton Rouge! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed here in town for a recent conference, everyone was nice and service was great. The hotel has all the amenities we enjoy and located within walking distance or trolley to everything. The views out the window faced the Mississippi river and sunsets were awesome!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
HiltonBR, General Manager at Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center for you stay and we look forward to being of service for your next stay in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very disappointed with most aspects of this hotel. It has been remodeled nicely, but the walls were very thin and you could easily hear neighbors talking (and on 1 side was there a huge argument going on). Some soundproofing should have been added. The bellman originally assigned to us had everything on the cart and then said he had to go help someone else! We went to our room and after a while called down. After looking ointo it, the front desk discovered he went to help someone else and forgot us. There were apologies for bellman's behavior, but we had to ask for drink vouchers to make up for such unacceptable service, nothing was offered. The 2nd bellman went out of his way to help--even replaced the clock which was not working. Ate at the restaurant. Food was good, not terrific, generous servings. The server tried her best, but appeared to be untrained by the hotel. We had to ask for water, bread/butter, dessert menu. She was friendly but we expected a much more professional sophisticated server for this type of venue. Drinks at the bar were great as was the service. Beds were very uncomfortable, bathrooms small. Will not stay here again. Stay someplece else but go to the bar for some good drinks and service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonBR, General Manager at Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

I am so sorry your stay with us was not to your expectations. We pride our self on our service and I can see we did not meet the appropriate level of service for your stay. I will discuss your stay with our staff to ensure this does not happen again. We would love for you to stay with us again and for our hotel to be your hotel of choice when staying in Baton Rouge. Please let me know if I can do anything to make your stay more enjoyable!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is of a decent Hilton standard. Staff are fiendly. Breakfast is above the usual Hilton standard.
Its fairly heftily overpriced though for where it is.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent three nights at this hotel in June 2012.

Our Hilton HHonors Gold status got us upgraded to a city-view end-unit room on an upper floor, but the room itself appered identical to others.

The room was small -- particularly the bathroom, which had an odd french-door corner entry. My wife and I had to take turns brushing our teeth, since there was simply no way for two people to be in the space at the same time.

Other than that, the hotel was fine. It's in a nice location with fairly easy access to the River Center, the old State Capitol, the nearby riverboat casino, and downtown.

The Capital City Grille across the street was quite good and reasonably priced. Poor Boy Lloyd's restaurant (just down the street) had great food and live music.

As an Hhonors gold member, the buffet breakfast was provided free, and it was quite good, with omelets, waffles, and pancakes made-to-order.

Room Tip: River-view rooms provide a nicer view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center for your overnight accommodations. I am sorry your sleeping room was smaller than expected, but it is one of our hotels charms of being built in the late 1920's. I am glad you were able to enjoy the restaurants in Downtown Baton Rouge and some of our historic sites! We look forward to you staying with us again and if you enjoy the breakfast buffet again ask for Mr. Wayne he makes the best made-to-order omelets in town!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our family stayed at the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center for the 4th and it was an awesome stay.
Rooms were very nice and the view of the fireworks over the Mississippi River was the best view in town. Love the King and double rooms. Hotel staff are all very helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the Mississippi River view, King rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family