“Better than Omi, in my opinion.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Nine Dragon Noodle House
Ranked #402 of 1,025 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Korean
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Better than Omi, in my opinion.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I love Omi. It's great authentic Chinese. I think though, that I found a place I will frequent more.

Nine Dragon Noodle House is fantastic. It has a great menu with many styles of asian cuisine: the usual chinese entrees, schezuan, Korean bimbimbap, a variety of noodles, etc. They also have some dishes with unique ingredients for the adventurous eaters.

I've been twice since they opened and have loved the flavors of everything we ordered. Some standouts have been the roast duck ramen noodles and the chicken lettuce wrap appetizer. I overheard the owner mention that their cooking is Beijing style, and you can definitely taste an overall difference in their food, Hunan, and Omi. All great, but all different. I prefer Nine Dragon.

I highly suggest this place to anyone that wants to branch out and try a few new things, and anyone looking for really good noodle bowls. BR is lacking in noodle and pho places, so this is a great addition to the food scene. It's also a small casual place with a chill atmosphere.

I hope this place will prosper. The two times i've been, the dining room has filled up and there were a number of folks picking up to-go orders. That's a great sign. Word is getting out.

• Visited February 2014