“Just Love a Joint Like This”
Review of George's

George's
Ranked #49 of 1,042 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Newnan, Georgia
“Just Love a Joint Like This”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were visiting our son for LSU Parent's Weekend/Homecoming and he took us to George's and wanted to impress us with his choice of a restaurant and it was spot-on. We love a place with local flair - they are usually our favorites and George's was perfect. You walk up to the counter, look at the menu, write your order on a ticket and sit down. It has the perfect dark decor, with faded dollar bills on the ceiling and a familiar ambiance of students and locals.

We ordered a shrimp po boy, shrimp remoulade salad and a grilled shrimp salad plus a side order of cheese fries with jalapenos. All three were plentiful with protein and our son took half of his sandwich home. My husband and I loved our salads and I think my husband actually wished he got my remoulade salad but his was really good too.

I will definitely request a return visit to Georges and in looking at the dishes others orderes. may branch out and try some of the other things on the menu as well.

• Visited October 2013

Managua, Managua, Nicaragua
“One of the best burgers ive ever had.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We arrived late night at george´s. ordering is pretty simple, no menus...just a board on the wall. there is plenty to choose from. beg with cajun classics like fried oysters, btw where very good, tasty batter and nice and crunchy...to their burgers. the burgers are filled with krispie bacon and the meat is cooked to perfection. i swear we were all fighting for the burgers because they were so good! i also had a pohboy. just like the oysters was krispie and tasty. the cat fish sandwich is also very good. but my recommendation is the burger. for a late night bite, after a night of hard partying this is the place to go!

• Visited October 2013
Celle, Germany
“Good simple foods”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We there tonight! Great simple food! Grilled shrimp & steamed veg for me. Burgers & fries for the rest of the family! Salad & Sandwiches for our friends!
It was nice to go to a proper local restaurant!
Very good food indeed!

“Brutal and roach infested.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Well, I've been here twice for lunch. First time was great. At first, I was hesitant to go to a bar underneath I-10 for lunch...I went, and the thin fried catfish po-boy was pretty good. Went there a second time, and while I ordered...and I tell you true....a 3 inch roach scurried out of the kitchen. When I looked down at it in disbelief, the cook came out and said something like "ah whatever" and stamped on it with his foot....then didn't clean it up. Seems like this is a frequent issue. This place needs to be bug-bombed. Won't be back

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Beis1
Houston, Texas
“Great fried shrimp”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hadn't been here in years, but just as good as I remembered. Some of the best fried shrimp around. I could have sworn there were hush puppies with it last time I ate there, but that was a while ago so maybe my memory fails? Service is friendly, portions are good... large... and prices are reasonable. Worth the visit.

• Visited August 2013