“Awesome in Every Way”

Juban's Restaurant & Catering
Reserve with OpenTable
Juban's Restaurant & Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,157 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

I took two business associates to Juban’s tonight for a wonderful evening. We arrived at 5:15 and had drinks and conversation before moving to our table at 6pm. The bar service was excellent and their drink menu and wine list is very good. For dinner I had the Hallelujah Crab which was very good with an over the top presentation worthy of photos. One of my associates ordered the pork chop and shared a bite with me an WOW...outstanding flavor. We had so much food that we skipped desert. The atmosphere was nice and very conducive to business discussion. I will definitely be back.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 18, 2018

We recently celebrated a law school graduation by having lunch at Juban's. I had forgotten how amazing the food in the south truly is and Juban's was a wonderful reminder! Everything we had was outstanding, the service was nice, and the drinks were well made. I have to mention, the crab cakes were out-of-this-world amazing as was the rest of the seafood I ordered. Oh man, I can't wait to visit Baton Rouge again to stop by, now that I think about it!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

I’ve had some really great meals here accompanied by very good service. And then again, I’ve been there and felt ignored and waiting on service and food less than the best they can do. I suppose it depends what day it is . I will definitely give them a shot at least once to see what you think. Hope it works out for you

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed June 2, 2018

Made reservations for 6 to celebrate our 50th Anniversary. Walked in and hostess immediately escorted us to our table. Our sons had ordered champagne and wine which were already at our table. Quintin, our server was attentive to our needs through our leisurely meal. Meals were all hot and delicious and presented timely.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 5, 2018

So far we have never had a bad meal or bad service at Juban's.

We went recently with several other couples and both the food and service were excellent. The only disappointment was in Juban's policy of applying an automatic tip to larger tables or when separate checks are requested. The percentage is not a problem. I do disagree with any restaurant that applies the tip to any thing other than what they control which is the food and beverages. They have no control over sales tax, and it is kind of rubbing salt in an open wound when they apply the 20% to what is already a 10% sales tax.

Date of visit: April 2018