“Baton Rouge's Best every year for a reason”

Juban's Restaurant & Catering
Reserve with OpenTable
Juban's Restaurant & Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,048 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Baton Rouge's Best every year for a reason”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Just the best and most imaginative seafood I ate in my time in Baton Rouge. Very cozy, old South-style restaurant with just tremendous food and a great wine selection. Can't recommend it more highly.

• Visited January 2013

frederick, maryland
“Still Baton Rouge's Best!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

This is great food and a local gem. I was introduced to this place on one of my first visits nearly 20 years ago and still remember my first taste of soft shell crab. I have been a dedicated fan of Juban's ever since. Fabulous food, service, and charm. Our waiter was patient with this gathering of old colonels and friends and met our every need. Between about eight of us, we all had great starters, notably the Boursin and crab soup, and then tried all the specials and other recommended dishes. I wanted one of each but settled for my two favorites and the Juban's trademark dishes (in my opinion); our very accommodating waiter arranged a split of the two dishes between me and my neighbor - the Halleluhah Crab and the Adrian (redfish and crabmeat). This paired nicely with a Sauvignon Blanc. We should have been full but how often do we get to visit Juban's? - so we all shared a round of one of each of the very extraordinary desserts. Juban's, with good company, is almost neurosensory overload, and always great taste memories.

• Visited December 2013
Baton Rouge,Louisiana
“Dinner with visiting friends”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We have been to Juban's many times over the years and generally like the food and service. That said, on this occasion we were very pleased with the continuing great wine selection (our selections were excellent), the salad was great and my wife's Hallelujah Crab selection(have had many times as it is a Juban's regular selection) was great and our guests crab and fish dishes were equally great. However, my Flat Iron Steak Frittes au Poivre was tasty by steak had many tough areas in the meat which it should not have had ( I have had before and was fine). Perhaps the worse issue was that one of the wait staff that was responsible for taking our orders did not take the large wine list after we ordered and I had to ask her to please take the list so as not to clutter the table at which she seemed less than accommodating. Other than my steak and the lacking service we had a nice time with our friends. I would recommend Juban's but hope they correct these issues to remain not just an old standard but a fine dining destination.

• Visited November 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Mostly good”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The bar is elegant, and the staff was very attentive. The drinks and appetizers were excellent, especially the appetizer tray and crab cakes. My steak was average and hard to chew, and the mashed potatoes were fair. Dessert options were cheesecake and some type of pie, both we're filling and tasty.

• Visited December 2013
“Not worth the wait or price”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Juban's bills itself as an upscale restaurant, but I've had much better for less. After an hour wait even with reservations, we sat down to what turned out to be a mediocre dinner. My pumpkin soup had little flavor. My husband crab topped snapper had shells fragments in it. For a cajan/creole restaurant, I expected the food to be more favorable. The atmosphere was nice, service was ok. I wasn't impressed.

• Visited November 2013