“Mixed review”

Juban's Restaurant & Catering
Reserve with OpenTable
Juban's Restaurant & Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,074 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband ordered "Two Birds"-guail & duck. He said it was pretty close to the worst he has ever "tried" to eat. However, my meal was very good. The banana fosters cheesecake is a must have. Dinner for 2 with wine was $96+tip

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Soft shell crab, deep fried served claws up with sauce to die for.
The best soft shell crab ever and I have had a lot.
Also fantastic seafood salads.
Service is top rate and wine list one of the best in Baton Rouge.
Very convenient to LSU for pre or post game dining
I go there every time I'm in Baton Rouge

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Juban's is located in a nondescript strip mall and you would never expect to find exceptional food inside (unless you're a local and know- which I'm not). Best surprise of the trip. I had the marinated seafood and avocado salad and the crab cakes in beurre blanc with a cirtus maque choux. My friend had the Hallelujah crab (stuffed with shrimp, crab, and crawfish tails). There was not one lackluster item on either plate. This was the highlight meal of our trip to New Orleans and Baton Rouge.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went here twice trying to like this place. Mainly, to wow my visiting out-of-town family members with a nice Louisiana meal. The food is pretty good, but the location is in a strip mall. When we heard the buzz about this place, we were sort of skeptical when we walked up to a storefront in a strip mall that uses it's parking lot for Mardi Gras and St. Patty's day after-parties... Police even sit in their cars in the lot to deter theft from vehicles. This place is in desperate need of a face-lift, or new location. The "Crab Jubilee" was pretty tasty, but an entire meal will run you the equivalent of what you will spend at Ruth's Chris or Sullivan's. Try it out, but I've had better food and experiences elsewhere.

1  Thank Beis1
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Juban's of Baton Rouge was our second choice for a night before LSU's Summer Commencement meal. Let me tell you. it will never be a second choice again! Every entree received by our large party was excellent in plating and taste. The bread pudding was so good that we stole it from each other. All I'm saying is, You Gotta Try It!!!

1  Thank wmleken