“Overpriced & outdated”

Juban's Restaurant & Catering
Reserve with OpenTable
Juban's Restaurant & Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,075 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Jubans is in massive need of an overhaul. In particular, their menu is stuck back a few decades. It certainly shows with the age of their clientele (+55). I wonder if the group of regulars simply hasn't been to any of the restaurants that have committed to a food resurgence in Baton Rouge. Overpriced food that is not cooked with skill or tact. My rack of lamb was overcooked, dry and flavorless. Very disappointed and will not give it a third chance.

2  Thank Traveling_AGP

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We took out of town guests to Juban's in mid-April, telling them this was the best Baton Rouge had to offer. Our last meal there had been a year or so ago. Boy were we disappointed!! Two persons had the chopped salad and found it swimming in too much dressing. Two persons had steaks and both were dissatisfied. The steaks ($32 and $39 as I recall) were overcooked and dry and the meat quality just wasn't there. The dining room was crowded and noisy and we had to protest to keep from being seated, as a party of four, at a large round table where conversation would have been impossible. We were embarrassed and will not be returning!!

3  Thank chazwill
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The food here is absolutely fabulous!!! I had the two birds, which was duck and quail stuffed with boudin. They were cooked perfectly. My husband had the redfish, and it was delicious. Nice romantic atmosphere too. The bar area is really nice too.
It's a definite must for a romantic night out with your spouse!

1  Thank Runjojo23
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've always thought this restaurant would be better served in a standalone location instead of the small strip mall that it is in.

This fine dining restaurant near the LSU campus will leave you plenty satisfied if you're in the mood for a pricey, ritzy, New Orleans style creole meal. I have never had a bad meal there, although I have (on rare occasion) had a meal that was "great, not out of this world." If I were a betting man, I would bet that your meal would probably be excellent.

Service is on top of their game at this restaurant. The atmosphere inside is fantastic, and their indoor patio bar is second to none. This played a huge part in our deciding to host our wedding reception at Jubans, which just about every guest told us how wonderful the venue, staff, and food was.

1  Thank Knox H
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Folks out there , my word of kindness to u, there is a place called Jubans where they attract people with photos if crab standing up , with the high name they have ( don't know from where they got it or how) and over priced over fried menu.
The interior is 18th century, doily curtains and no air or light. Appetizers came 30 min later , my husband ordered frog legs which were over fried , u would not get the taste of frog meat under it. I got the special soup which was ok once I poured buffalo sauce over it for some flavor. The drinks were not upto par for the price . The entrees were a different ball game all together. The standing up hallelujah crab was awful.
Underneath all those fries where would u taste the crab? I don't know !! My husband sent it back. I got the crawfish carbonara. The pasta was Undecooked ( not what u expect from a 5 star joint lol) , I couldn't even bring to finish 2 spoons. Maybe these people buy not so fresh produce , I kinda feel nauseated now itself after the meal (10 min aftr the pasta ), I hope this features in Ramsey's kitchen nightmares soon. The service was quite ok after the appetizers came in though ! Don't go here if u can help it. That's the take home message

3  Thank Tonks N

Been to Juban's Restaurant & Catering? Share your experiences!