“Cajun zydeco music and food”
Review of Boutin's - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Perkins Rd
Description: Coming Soon!
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

For a fun filled pleasant evening, this is the place. There is a large dance floor, good live music and tasty food in a rustic atmosphere. The boudin ( 5 of them) fritter appetizer was served with creole mustard. (Boudin are filled with sausage, beef, rice, spices etc). Next came warm toasty bread. We had the blackened grilled crabmeat stuffed catfish dinner topped with étouffée and the redfish dinner with crabmeat cream sauce. Both were accompanied with stuffed potato, dirty rice and corn machoux. Service was wonderful and kitchen was very accommodating, leaving sauces on the side, etc.
Hint: be sure to go on terrace and feed the many turtles.

There are newer reviews for Boutin's

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Based on past experience, planned a nice nite at Boutin's, mostly for the good music and food. At least half of this is still true, the Cajun band was great!. The food and service, however, were terrible. Very inattentive wait staff, appetizer of boudan balls was pasty and lukewarm. Our waitress disappeared for most of the evening. After waiting for 45 min for our order, we cut our losses and left. The manager did offer to comp our main course, however the quality of the orders was poor. Crawfish enchilada was mostly beans with few crawfish, the corn macque she was canned corn spiced up a little. Greasy potato fries. Will not return.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was hesitant to try this restaurant after reading some of the other reviewers complain about the price, it not being authentic, and it being a tourist trap. But I discovered it was so close to my hotel that I decided to give it a shot. I'm really glad I did. The food was great. They had some unique twists on some traditional dishes, and everything was full of flavor and seasoning. It was like a kick in the taste-buds. The music was also a great addition to dinner, and it seemed authentic enough to me. The atmosphere didn't feel like a tourist trap either. It had a very inviting southern Cajun rustic feel. The attached Cajun market was also good, because I was able to pick up some spices and other items to take back home. While some of the locals may think they're too hip for this place since it's popular, I say give it a try if you're unsure because you may enjoy it as much as I did.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

As usual, the music was outstanding cajun and the folks dancing were very entertaining. The pond out back with all the turtles attracted the kids and due to cool weather was nice to visit. Food was very good but a little over priced.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Had the bowle of crawfish étouffée. Not only were the crawfish teeny tiny, but there weren't many in there. Compared to other étouffée, this was terrible.

I would never eat here again.