“Great food”

Louisiana Lagniappe Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1,068 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Louisiana Lagniappe Restaurant opened in Destin, Florida in 1984. After 14 years the owners sold the restaurant and returned to their home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. On January 1st 2003 Louisiana Lagniappe opened in its present location at 9990 Perkins Road in Baton Rouge. In addition to the old-time favorites Seafood Gumbo and Corn and Crab Bisque we serve many different all house made gumbos, soups and bisques including, Roasted Red Pepper and Jumbo Lump Crab, Duck and Andouille Gumbo, Shrimp and Artichoke, Crab and Brie, Southwestern Seafood Bisque, Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic with Jumbo Lump Crab and Lobster Bisque to name a few. The Eggplant and Jumbo Lump Crab, Barbeque Shrimp, Marinated Blue Crab Claws and Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes are a few of the original appetizers from our Destin days that are still favorites to this day. In addition, we offer many new appetizers including house made Boudin Balls, Chipotle Shrimp, Tuna Tataki, Crawfish Wontons, Jumbo Lump Crab and Shrimp Spring Rolls with Ponzu Dipping Sauce, Applewood Smoked Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Habanero Pomegranate Dipping Sauce, Fried Green Tomatoes with Creole Shrimp Velouté and Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Caribbean Dipping Sauce. Louisiana Lagniappe specializes in Fresh seafood and steaks. We serve fresh Louisiana crawfish dishes only when in season, never frozen or imported. We serve many of our longtime favorite entrées Fish en Papillote, Softshell Crab Pontchartrain, Fish Louisianne and Oysters Lagniappe as well as many new specials that are unique to the Baton Rouge location. Kurobuta Pork Chops with Chipotle Glaze, Seafood Lasagna, Joyce Farms Chicken Florentine, American Red Snapper Fish Tacos with chili lime slaw, roasted corn and cilantro pesto, Smoked Gouda Grits and Grillades of Beef Tenderloin. Our desserts include our house made Key Lime Pie, Crème Brulee, Pecan Pie, Traditional Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce, Hot and Gooey Baked Cookie, Blueberry Bread Pudding with Navan Vanilla Cognac Sauce, Bananas Foster Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Ice Cream, Chocolate Sin Cake and Apple Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Ice Cream and Pecan Crumbles.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Def an more $$$ sort of place, but the food was tasty and unique to Louisiana. Wines were good and service was fine. I had redfish topped with crab. Get there earlier in the evening and you can usually breeze in.

1  Thank Thomas C

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I love Louisiana Lagniappe-this is a very busy restaurant, however, they are well staffed and the food is awesome. I ordered a soft shell crab dish and it was one, if not the best, softshell crab dishes I have had. We both enjoyed the entire meal and the staff was friendly. We made dinner reservations, which I recommend, because they are very busy. We will definitely return next time in the area. Delish!

1  Thank Pati S
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I agreed that this was the finest meal we had while visiting Southern Louisiana. The seafood was amazing.

1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Why four stars? Sometimes the portions are small but always pricey. The wait times can be so very long. But the food it simply the best. I love the layout and the wait staff is nice.

1  Thank utellmel
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We love everything on the menu here. Our daughter loves the steak, my husband loves the oysters, and I love the fish baked in the parchment paper.

2  Thank MissKVL1970