“Favorite Family Restaurant”

Louisiana Lagniappe Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 1,075 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Louisiana Lagniappe Restaurant opened in Destin, Florida in 1984. After 14 years the owners sold the restaurant and returned to their home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. On January 1st 2003 Louisiana Lagniappe opened in its present location at 9990 Perkins Road in Baton Rouge. In addition to the old-time favorites Seafood Gumbo and Corn and Crab Bisque we serve many different all house made gumbos, soups and bisques including, Roasted Red Pepper and Jumbo Lump Crab, Duck and Andouille Gumbo, Shrimp and Artichoke, Crab and Brie, Southwestern Seafood Bisque, Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic with Jumbo Lump Crab and Lobster Bisque to name a few. The Eggplant and Jumbo Lump Crab, Barbeque Shrimp, Marinated Blue Crab Claws and Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes are a few of the original appetizers from our Destin days that are still favorites to this day. In addition, we offer many new appetizers including house made Boudin Balls, Chipotle Shrimp, Tuna Tataki, Crawfish Wontons, Jumbo Lump Crab and Shrimp Spring Rolls with Ponzu Dipping Sauce, Applewood Smoked Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Habanero Pomegranate Dipping Sauce, Fried Green Tomatoes with Creole Shrimp Velouté and Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Caribbean Dipping Sauce. Louisiana Lagniappe specializes in Fresh seafood and steaks. We serve fresh Louisiana crawfish dishes only when in season, never frozen or imported. We serve many of our longtime favorite entrées Fish en Papillote, Softshell Crab Pontchartrain, Fish Louisianne and Oysters Lagniappe as well as many new specials that are unique to the Baton Rouge location. Kurobuta Pork Chops with Chipotle Glaze, Seafood Lasagna, Joyce Farms Chicken Florentine, American Red Snapper Fish Tacos with chili lime slaw, roasted corn and cilantro pesto, Smoked Gouda Grits and Grillades of Beef Tenderloin. Our desserts include our house made Key Lime Pie, Crème Brulee, Pecan Pie, Traditional Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce, Hot and Gooey Baked Cookie, Blueberry Bread Pudding with Navan Vanilla Cognac Sauce, Bananas Foster Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Ice Cream, Chocolate Sin Cake and Apple Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Ice Cream and Pecan Crumbles.
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This is the best restaurant in Baton Rouge. I have spent many special family events at this restaurant. I have never been disappointed by the quality of the food or the staff. The parking can be difficult and the waits can be long, but it is all worth it. I would like to reccomend LA Laniappe to everyone looking for a great dining experience in Baton Rouge.

1  Thank scokog

Reviewed March 31, 2012

This is the best cajun restaurant in town. The menu is great, and can really be elevated depending on what the fish of the day is. (They have a fish of the day and they cook their different dishes with that one fish). I try and go as much as possible because the food is so good.

2  Thank 40Rouge
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Visited this restaurant while on a business trip to Baton Rouge and did not expect a whole lot, but was very surprised. The food was outstanding and the service was delightful. I had the catch of the day in papillote, this was a fresh flaky white drum fish with crab....outstanding. Kale, our waiter was just delightful and very efficient. The restaurant does not look like much from the outside and is stuck next to a drugstore , but if you are in Baton Rouge you it is well worth the visit.

2  Thank sweettours
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Visited Louisiana Lagniappe Restaurant based on their ranking (#2) on Tripadvisor. My colleague had experience with the #1 restaurant and that was less than favorable, so we decided to give number 2 a try. They should be number 1. Although they were busy, we were immediately seated. Our server was knowledable about the food and provided excellent advise on what to eat based on questions/inquiries. I had the A La Roland. All I can say is that it was excellent. My colleague had the seafood salad that she said was outstanding as was the bowl of gumbo she had. This has become a favorite for whenever we are in town. We will be back! Ask for Kale's table, you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank QuietmanTravels
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Our daughter lives in Baton Rouge and we've eaten at this restaurant before and enjoyed it. This visit, we arrived and were told it would be a 20 to 30 minute wait but were seated in less than 15 minutes. Great diversity of food offerings with daily fresh fish prepared in various ways. My wife started with the crawfish bisque and commented on how much she liked it. I ordered the Oysters Lagniappe and found them to be everything I wanted in a hot oyster appetizer---plumb and juicy oysters, nice dressing with hunks of lump crab meat nicely toasted bread crumbs--a squeeze of lemon and I used my knife to scrape morsels off the side of the ceramic shells they were cooked it...WOW!

We both ordered the fresh fish en papillote---black drum with a cream sauce, shrimp dressing, and lump crabmeat. The fish was moist, tender, mild and accented wonderfully with the complex flavors and very rich (in a wonderfully way..not too heavy). The meal came with a twice baked potato and a simple green salad. Our food was wonderful and we both mentioned how nice it was for a special evening out. The service was attentive and the only negative for the entire meal was....I wish I had ordered a double appetizer of the Oysters Lagniappe. The value of the meal exceeded what we paid. We'll be back!!!!

3  Thank 1NCfoodie