“Food was terrific, staff needs to be more attentive, prices are steep...”

Louisiana Lagniappe Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1,068 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Louisiana Lagniappe Restaurant opened in Destin, Florida in 1984. After 14 years the owners sold the restaurant and returned to their home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. On January 1st 2003 Louisiana Lagniappe opened in its present location at 9990 Perkins Road in Baton Rouge. In addition to the old-time favorites Seafood Gumbo and Corn and Crab Bisque we serve many different all house made gumbos, soups and bisques including, Roasted Red Pepper and Jumbo Lump Crab, Duck and Andouille Gumbo, Shrimp and Artichoke, Crab and Brie, Southwestern Seafood Bisque, Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic with Jumbo Lump Crab and Lobster Bisque to name a few. The Eggplant and Jumbo Lump Crab, Barbeque Shrimp, Marinated Blue Crab Claws and Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes are a few of the original appetizers from our Destin days that are still favorites to this day. In addition, we offer many new appetizers including house made Boudin Balls, Chipotle Shrimp, Tuna Tataki, Crawfish Wontons, Jumbo Lump Crab and Shrimp Spring Rolls with Ponzu Dipping Sauce, Applewood Smoked Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Habanero Pomegranate Dipping Sauce, Fried Green Tomatoes with Creole Shrimp Velouté and Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Caribbean Dipping Sauce. Louisiana Lagniappe specializes in Fresh seafood and steaks. We serve fresh Louisiana crawfish dishes only when in season, never frozen or imported. We serve many of our longtime favorite entrées Fish en Papillote, Softshell Crab Pontchartrain, Fish Louisianne and Oysters Lagniappe as well as many new specials that are unique to the Baton Rouge location. Kurobuta Pork Chops with Chipotle Glaze, Seafood Lasagna, Joyce Farms Chicken Florentine, American Red Snapper Fish Tacos with chili lime slaw, roasted corn and cilantro pesto, Smoked Gouda Grits and Grillades of Beef Tenderloin. Our desserts include our house made Key Lime Pie, Crème Brulee, Pecan Pie, Traditional Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce, Hot and Gooey Baked Cookie, Blueberry Bread Pudding with Navan Vanilla Cognac Sauce, Bananas Foster Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Ice Cream, Chocolate Sin Cake and Apple Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Ice Cream and Pecan Crumbles.
Reviewed September 26, 2011

All of the food that I tasted and every plate that I saw looked amazing! I ordered fish a la rond (sp) which was a fried filet that was huge, covered in rice and a mushroom sauce with shrimp. I cannot describe it well enough but know that it was fantastic! It comes with twice baked potato which was buttery and bacony.. I guess is a word... anyway it was melt in your mouth good. It also came with a salad which I opted for fried oysters as a topper. I have never had oysters so tender and favorful.

The restaurant did have a few issues not related to the food. The parking lot was full. No parking at all. Ended up parking across the street and running across the road because there were no crosswalks to be found. The other was the waitstaff. They were not bad, but they just were not very attentive. Lots of empty glasses, dirty plates, and plenty of waiting that could have easily been avoided. Given the prices, they should have been more on top of things...

I would definately go back for the food.

1  Thank honeymoonin
Tableofseven, Owner at Louisiana Lagniappe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I apologize for the inattentive service; I assure you this is not our normal level of service. I wish I had some solution for the lack of parking, I will pass on your complaint about the lack of a cross walk signal to our councilman, we have asked for one repeatedly. Again thanks for your review, I hope you will visit us again and give us the opportunity to show you the service and hospitality we are known for.

Kevin Ortego

Reviewed September 10, 2011

I eat at Louisiana Lagniappe often because the food is great and it is convient because I live close. My favorite is the crab fingers they are just delicious. On the other hand the customer service is not so great, they are not people persons and seem very disrespectful. I am handed my money on the counter when I order take out and treated even worst when I dine in but I am sure the owner or owners isn't aware of this...I HOPE.

4  Thank Leon P

I am very sorry about your unfortunate experience at our restaurant. I would like to speak to you about this the next time you are in. I assure you that ALL of our guests are treated with respect and in no way will I tolerate any behavior to the contrary. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Kevin Ortego

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We love LA Lagniappe!! The food is incredible and the atmosphere is fantastic. They take dishes that can be ordinary (grilled fish, etc..) and add sauces and cooking techniques that make them incredible. The best seafood dish we've had is the "fish in paper" which is not exactly the name on the menu (fish en papiolette or something like that) but they know what you are talking about if you say fish in paper. This is probably the best seafood dish I've ever had and I've had a lot of them in a lot of places. There was a wait the night we were there (Friday) and the bar area is not very large, but it was nice and the crowd was not a problem. We got seated sooner than they told us (always a good thing for a restaurant to tell you longer than they really think it will be) and the service was great. Our waiter introduced himself by name, was very friendly and was on the spot with drink refills, bread, the bill, etc... I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank live4theoutdoors
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This is quickly becoming my favorite restaurant in Baton Rouge. If you see their sign on Perkins Road flashing that they are serving "Crawfish and Crab Stuffed Bell Pepper" quickly make a u-turn and wait your turn. There will be a wait because it may very well be the best dish in the city. If you see the sign flashing "Roasted Red Pepper Soup" make a u-turn and wait your turn. If you have to fight the mosquitos and sweat while waiting outside because the bar is full, don't worry it is worth it. If you see the sign flashing "Blueberry Bread Pudding" make a u-turn and call all your friends to meet you there. I hear the other dishes are great but I wouldnt' know since I always order the same three items. I just can't get enough!!

1  Thank fsrtah
Reviewed July 24, 2011

They don't take reservations (generally) and it can be a wait. But doesn't that tell you something. You'll have a very good meal. Enjoy!

1  Thank lhs1