“What a cool local joint.”
Review of Poor Boy Lloyd's

Poor Boy Lloyd's
Ranked #20 of 1,032 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami, Florida
“What a cool local joint.”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the counter service fool you. The food was good, the service was friendly, and the place felt like a local joint. I would go again when I am in Baton Rouge.

2 Thank hoytjd

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, United Kingdom
“Cracking little place with really friendly staff”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Food was first class and very reasonably priced but the proper "southern" staff really made the place. Loved it!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank 3432bigfoot
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Wonderful atmosphere & food!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I decided to eat downtown tonight because we always eat at J Alexander's, and we thought venturing out of our normal restaurant comfort zone would be good for us. We went to a grill downtown and were both very disappointed with the food. Just as we were pulling out of the parking lot, swearing to ourselves "never again", we saw Lloyd's. I said, "I bet that place would have been better than the place we went to." We decided to go over and check it out. I'm so glad we did!! Time I walked in the door Rachel greeted us with a friendly authentic smile. The smell resembled my grandma's house, and it took me back to my childhood immediately. We both felt at home!! We ordered a cup of gumbo - Delicious! My husband had the Apple Crunch, and he was in heaven! We found a new restaurant that we'll be going back to (with the kids and friends) for a long time. Everyone was so incredibly nice:) EXACTLY WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR:)

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Brenhda
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Get in early for lunch...”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Tends to draw a big downtown lunch crowd so the line tends to back up. Casual and scramble for seating. Good range of lunch specials. I've had a range of sandwichs there over the years, to include blackened alligator, cajun style venison and a variety of Po' Boys. Good location if you're downtown for meetings/conferences (on next corner from Hilton Hotel/conference center). Won't drain your wallet, but will fill your belly.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Frank K
Clearwater
“Southern comfort food”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

After visiting the state Capitol building, we walked around town and found this little gem where all the locals were headed, so we followed. Specials on the blackboard, order at the counter, they'll call your name and bring your meal. Had the fried pork chop, green beans with red beans and rice. Loved every morsel. The place is not fancy, it's your neighborhood diner with good people and good food. It hit the spot! Would come back. Prices were very reasonable.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank santurce

Been to Poor Boy Lloyd's? Share your experiences!