“Wonderful atmosphere & food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Poor Boy Lloyd's

Poor Boy Lloyd's
Ranked #23 of 1,029 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Wonderful atmosphere & food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I decided to eat downtown tonight because we always eat at J Alexander's, and we thought venturing out of our normal restaurant comfort zone would be good for us. We went to a grill downtown and were both very disappointed with the food. Just as we were pulling out of the parking lot, swearing to ourselves "never again", we saw Lloyd's. I said, "I bet that place would have been better than the place we went to." We decided to go over and check it out. I'm so glad we did!! Time I walked in the door Rachel greeted us with a friendly authentic smile. The smell resembled my grandma's house, and it took me back to my childhood immediately. We both felt at home!! We ordered a cup of gumbo - Delicious! My husband had the Apple Crunch, and he was in heaven! We found a new restaurant that we'll be going back to (with the kids and friends) for a long time. Everyone was so incredibly nice:) EXACTLY WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR:)

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Brenhda

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Get in early for lunch...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Tends to draw a big downtown lunch crowd so the line tends to back up. Casual and scramble for seating. Good range of lunch specials. I've had a range of sandwichs there over the years, to include blackened alligator, cajun style venison and a variety of Po' Boys. Good location if you're downtown for meetings/conferences (on next corner from Hilton Hotel/conference center). Won't drain your wallet, but will fill your belly.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Frank K
Clearwater
“Southern comfort food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

After visiting the state Capitol building, we walked around town and found this little gem where all the locals were headed, so we followed. Specials on the blackboard, order at the counter, they'll call your name and bring your meal. Had the fried pork chop, green beans with red beans and rice. Loved every morsel. The place is not fancy, it's your neighborhood diner with good people and good food. It hit the spot! Would come back. Prices were very reasonable.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank santurce
Silverthorne, Colorado
“Great Po Boys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

The shrimp Po Boy was great and well dressed. Fries were also very good. Don't be put off by a line at lunch time. It moves pretty fast and it is worth the wait.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Tom S
Texas
“Lunch is a must”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great hole in the wall. Cramped, lousy seating, noisy, but some of the best seafood po-boys and plates in town. Out on business, wife at home. Grabbed lunch with 5 of my coworkers. Service was a bit off, one of our group had her order misplaced so it took about 15 minutes to try and figure out what happened. This place is a downtown icon, so go in with low expectations on atmosphere and service, and enjoy some really great food.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank TXrocklobster

Been to Poor Boy Lloyd's? Share your experiences!