“The Indian version of Golden Corral”
Review of India's Restaurant

India's Restaurant
Ranked #110 of 1,055 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The restaurant is dark and dingy; it could do with a good cleaning and a coat of paint. The carpet needs to be shampooed, especially near the very small buffet. The labels at the buffet are handwritten on torn scraps of paper and hard to read; the food is mediocre at best. At roughly $12/person for lunch, it's overpriced. Everything is just a bit off. Most could have used more spice (cumin, coriander, fennel, etc.) and less heat. The vegetable korma was made with frozen mixed peas, carrots and corn; so was the rice pilau. Both had a strange metallic taste. The saag paneer looked watery and overcooked with tiny pieces of paneer, so I skipped it. There was some kind of rice dish with whole spices that had been out so long it had formed a skin over it. The kheer was more like milk with a few grains of tapioca and a couple of cashews than actual kheer. Everything was so greasy that I had indigestion before I left, and suffered with it the rest of the day. I honestly do not understand the high ratings this place receives.

1  Thank Dr_QBatonRouge
There are newer reviews for India's Restaurant

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I always go to the noon buffet, because there is no way that I can choose just one of the delicious menu choices.
The atmosphere is really wonderful, with white linen, a peaceful, quiet environment and attentive service.
The food - what can I say? I LOVE this food, and have been told by visitors to Baton Rouge that India's is among the best if not the best Indian food they have had.
The hardest part is deciding which delicious dessert choice to make.

1  Thank Chalmous
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The lunch buffet at India's is nice though it doesn't offer some of their best items such as samosas or lamb vindaloo. The chicken curry was tasty if a little watery on the day we recently visited. The goat curry was savory and pleasant. Overall, we enjoy going to India's.

1  Thank MargeC47
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I should preface this by saying that I do not like curry. Why was I even there, you ask? #1 - A friend invited me; #2 - I am open-minded and don't rule out foods based on trying them only once. Of course, I stumbled upon a dish that was way too curried for my liking. Ironically, it was one of the vegetable dishes and NOT the dish labeled "chicken curry." In fact, I rather enjoyed the chicken curry, and would most definitely eat it again. Some of the other vegetable dishes were delicious, such as the spinach. I also liked the large lentil wraps (looks like a burrito of sorts -- very good if you like lentils). There are enough items that you are bound to find SOMETHING you like there. I plan to bring my husband back there so he can try it, too.

1  Thank bettyboop1967
Reviewed March 19, 2012

There's something about the polite staff and food that keeps bringing us back! My family has been dining at India's ever since I can remember. They have delicious curries and Indian classics with naan and rice on the side. Their tandoori is another tasty dish to try. The atmosphere is calm with low lighting, but you will find families eating there at times. The warm hand towels after dinner is always a nice touch.

1  Thank lrk1014