“Nice dining experience”

Ranked #296 of 1,055 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Good for: Romantic
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I ate at Pinetta's with my husband and 2 sons recently and we all really enjoyed this little restaurant. My husband ordered the weiner schnitzel, which he enjoyed although he said it was a little dry. I ordered the eggplant parmesan, also very good. The red sauce is very rich and delicious. My son ordered the stuffed steak, which he raved about. The ambiance is not too spectacular, it is pretty dark and hard to see what you are eating, and I found that I could overhear the conversation of the people at the next table. Also the decorations on the walls are dusty and look like they have been there forever without being cleaned. But overall it was a nice dining experience because of the yummy Italian/European food.

There are newer reviews for Pinetta's European Restaurant

Reviewed June 13, 2012

In the spirit of adventure, I visited Pinetta's with a few of my coworkers. I enjoyed everything about it. The wait staff was very helful and nice, the food was delicoius. I ordered the Weiner Schnitzel, which I have never had before in my life to even make a fair comparison, however, I ate every bit of mine, which wasn't easy, since it was a LARGE portion size. The restaurant itself was very cozy, bordering on the small side, but that isn't a problem. It was a very enjoyable experience, and I would recommend that everyone try it at least twice =)

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Dear Friends and Family,

I've fed many of you at Pinetta's over the years. I've recommended it because of the great red sauce only, never the service. My recommendations always came with that caveat - the service sucks and the owner has an awful attitude.

I am sorry to say that's not the worst of it. I guess we just got lucky not to have gotten sick. I treated another friend to dinner at Pinetta's Saturday and her meat tasted rotten. The owner was condescending to us and refused to remove the item from our bill. After much "discussion" she finally reduced the item by half. This was still not good enough for me. After reading other reviews and realizing that this was one of many such experiences of rotten-tasting food, I researched on the Dept. of Health website to see if there were documented problems. Yes, apparently there are:

http://inspections.eat... EUROPEAN RESTAURANT

This is gross. I wouldn't feed my dog at this place after reading their citations by the Dept. of Health.

Mary

3  Thank MaryMary225
Reviewed May 14, 2012

One of the most unpleasant dining experiences ever - as if someone was trying to cover up the taste of rotting meat with a marinade. To make matters worse, the owner was unapologetic, vowing that the meat had just been marinated that day. She topped it all off with a refusal to replace the dish. Ended up charging half price for a totally inedible entree. Whew. Never again.

1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Every time I am in Baton Rouge, LA friends and I head out to this restaurant! The decor is rather a mishmash of various European nations. It is rather a small, dark restaurant and the wait for your food may take a little longer to get to your table. However, I can forgive these small nuances with the absolute GREAT food that finally arrives. We've had the Involtini which is a very hearty concoction that comes in a smoking hot skillet and placed over string pasta. The place is really quaint with food offerings from Italy, Germany, Armenian and Turkish. If you go for dinner, just expect a wait. However if you can manage to get to the restaurant fairly close to the time they open, you'd be surprised how quickly the turn around can be!!

1  Thank BlueFW