“Great Cajun seafood”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Our frequent trips home to Baton Rouge are never complete without a pilgrimage to Sammy's. We've come here for years and years and the food is wonderful, the beer cold, the service top notch.

The seafood is fresh and excellently prepared. The home-made, thickly breaded onion rings "to die for." When crawfish are in season, the largest and freshest are here. The specials are always fabulous.

Wow, how we love this place ... Even the roadside bar and grill atmosphere.

If there's a negative, it is the insufferably long waits that you might have to endure some evenings. We tend to go in the early to midafternoon a just to beat the crowds.

But, if you have to wait, grab a beer and enjoy conversation with friends as the food is worth the wait b

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Food was very good and hot when it came out. The staff is friendly as well as the people. Very homey feeling place with a nice family atmosphere. Love the hot wings, they were spicy and crispy just the way I like them. In great location also.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We went to Sammy's after an LSU game. We were seated promptly and ordered our meal. The prime rib poboy came with fries and dipping gravy. It was very good. The service was great and the cost was reasonable. I will return.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

They not only gave great seafood, but their Filet Mignon was pretty good too. I would compare it to Ruth Chris's in I could cut it with a knife.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

3 months ago I went their with my wife. I was very keen to visit here from very early time. Finally, I paid a visit here. Me and my wife were very happy with their stuff! They are really awesome!