“Delicious”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #138 of 1,075 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Located right next to LSU Campus, we offer some of the best pizza you will find in the Baton Rouge area. We offer gourmet pizzas, calzones, burgers, hoagies, and desserts with a wide variety of drinks, including 40 beers on tap. Make sure to come enjoy us at 4250 Burbank Drive, Suite #101 for your experience of the "Cadillac of Pizzerias."
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped in after a busy day with a large party at dinner time. They seated us quickly and were able to get drinks and food out in a timely manner. (We had 4 kids under 4 in our party so this is always a plus in my book!) Yes the restaurant is a little loud (so are the kids), but they were entertained by the tvs and the decor etc. Definitely worthy of a return trip!

David B, Owner at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I've tried numerous pizza places around town, but Mellow Mushroom has the best pizza in the area. I won't compare it to pizza from NY or Chi-Town but it's the best I've had in the area (even better than Schlitz and Giggles) which many local'ers claim is the best. I got the 'Mighty Meaty' and 'Red Skin Potato Pie' pizza's, both were amazing. The atmosphere is very fun, very family friendly.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is by far the best pizza around. It's like pizza on steroids. The dough is excellent too. Eat here, you won't regret it

Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was the perfect stop for a Sunday afternoon lunch.
Upon entering, we were greeted quickly and seated in a psychedelic painted booth-very -and noted the room had several televisions for easy viewing.
We ordered mimosas as we reviewed the menu, and our waitress came to check several times, offering suggestions and answered our questions.
The menu has a wide variety of appetizers, salads, wraps, sandwiches and pizzas.
We decided to start with the hummas and it was accompanied by toasty triangles of pita for dipping. There was a generous serving and plenty for two to three people to share.
We then chose chicken jerk wraps with a side salad and neither disappointed us. The salads were fresh and crispy with just the right amount of dressing; the wraps were super hot and fresh with spicy chicken and a tang that left your tastebuds tantalized with flavor.
Overall, the entire experience was one of the best, and I will definitely return again.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I love going here for their four cheese calzone its like dipping a pretzel into hot gooey cheese.