“Ok seafood but not outstanding”

Parrain's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 1,060 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We ate here because of the high rankings, it was cooked ok but I did not think it was anything special. I ordered the whole shebang platter. The alligator was very good, everything else tasted the same with the exception of the stuffed shrimp. I did not like the stuffing, just not for my tastes. The dirty rice was good as were the fries and hush puppies. The gumbo left a lot to be desired, Neither my wife nor myself liked it at all. My wife ordered a dozen chargrilled oysters. She ate 5 of them and did not like sauce that was on them, I ate the others and thought they were good especially with the garlic bread served with them. The sweet tea was barely sweetened. The restaurant was very crowded but the wait staff were very good, we had to wait on our check for about 5 to 10 minutes, but our waiter was hustling. This was just a place to eat.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Parking was a task but after that, good times. After a very nice gentleman bout my wife and I a beer, I found a seat at the bar watching the guys shuck oysters. The food was good and the atmosphere was very pleasing. I've never met so many nice, polite people. I recommend Parrains's anytime and thank the guys behind the bar for being so nice!

1  Thank Bear73Alabama
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had a little of this and a little of that. Everything was excellent, including the drinks and the company at the bar! Must be a popular place because the 2 times we have visited, it is packed. Still, we got timely service with a smile. We can't wait to visit Baton Rouge again and will certainly go back to Parrain's!

1  Thank Jessa H
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Had family in town and they wanted a good southern meal. Lots of food, great prices. Celebrated my daughters birthday. Drinks also very reasonable.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This restaurant is built in the style of a Louisiana country pier and beam, clapboard house. It may even be the real thing (never asked). The menu offers a broad assortment of South Louisiana seafood and non-seafood dishes. Anyone visiting from out of state who is not familiar with South Louisiana foods would really enjoy this restaurant. The food quality and presentation is good and the service varies from night to night. In Baton Rouge, weekend night are crowded. Service can be slow; after all your are in the South.