“Some of the best seafood I have ever had”

Parrain's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 1,055 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I am a southerner and have had my share of seafood, but this place seriously has some of the best I have ever had. I had the alligator appetizer and shrimp po boy...my mom had the au gratin, duck soup and crawfish po boy...everything was VERY good. The price is reasonable, service is great, and wide variety on the menu to choose from, try it out if you are in town!

1  Thank MSJet_Setter1
There are newer reviews for Parrain's Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Wish I lived in this town, this place would be my home. This was our first time to eat here and I can't say enough. The Andouille Crusted fish plate was PERFECT. Boudin balls were PERFECT as well, I've never had better. The service was PERFECT as well. The prices were right on.

The whole experience was, well, PERFECT.

1  Thank Nleroux
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice in 2 days & loved it. We had the seafood gumbo-great choice! Crab Stuffed mushrooms were awesome & rich
but you only get 5. Sunday we had oysters. Chargrilled oysters were very good-nice zip to them. Raw oysters were huge! Fried crab claws were awesome-you get about 25.
Crab & corn bisque was perfect & add a salad for $2 more. Girls ordered the "whole shabang", large seafood plater,fried, with cup of gumbo. Fried catfish was wonderful, shrimp were very large with split tails. Stuffed shrimp & Oysters were big. Alligator, well we weren't to sure about this but it was good. Forget the chain restaurants, this place is the BOMB of seafood in br. Don't miss it.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This restaurant is a must. The food is excellent fresh moist seasoned to perfection! I had the combination Shrimp and Catfish we also had the grilled clams on half shell. We had as an appetizer the Alligator which was the only disappointment it was kind of chewy. But the Shrimp and catfish was simply excellent. I could eat here every day.

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

We had to get the Boudin balls as an appetizer as none in out party are from LA, along with the fried alligator and crab fingers. Boudin Balls must be an acquired taste as they were passed up by most folks, but the other appetizers were good. The beer selection is very nice with many draft options and local selections available. We sampled BBQ black drum which is usually a very corse fleshed fish, but was done in a way that made it very tender. Most had the Mahi covered in crawfish tails in a remoulande sauce which complemented the dishes very well.