“Best Chinese Food in Baton Rouge”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hunan Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #624 of 1,055 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Excellent Food and fabulous service. We often ordered our food to go and I loved when I called to place my order, I was asked for my phone number and he instantly had my previous order in the system. The owner would ask if I wanted the same order. We have since moved to Seattle and before we left my partner was out of town and I stopped in to get food for myself and the owner said where is Julie? Why are you buying food for her. LOVED that personal touch.

There are newer reviews for Hunan Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Fantastic food and incredibly good value. We had been to Chang's Bistro in BR because that was voted best Chinese Restaurant in BR. Whilst that was good, this was great! This gets our vote for best Chinese in BR.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went for lunch, we had the buffet and the food and service was terrific. All the items were fresh, hot, with a large selection to chose from.

2  Thank Deborah C
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Hunan has been around for many, many years. As long as I can remember. This is easily the best Chinese food in Baton Rouge.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Went with my wife the other day because we had read rave reviews.
I ordered Sesame chicken on the lunch menu and wife had just fried rice

Pros:
The sauce on my sesame chicken was really good
The fried rice was not bad

The Con:
The sesame chicken had an extreme amount of breading
The chicken seemed to be a mix of white, dark and even pork (yes pork)
Lots of fatty pieces and chewey meat
Maybe it was a bad batch, but it was some of the worst I've had

Just hope they open a Panda Express or Pei Wei in the are SOON!

P.S. It is in a pretty run down building kind of a hole in the wall. Sometimes places like that are good, sometimes!