“Great food, friendly staff”

Frank's Smokehouse Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 1,055 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I always visit franks when i am in Baton Rouge. Great southern style food. Lots of options. The staff is always friendly!

There are newer reviews for Frank's Smokehouse Restaurant

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Not as good as we expected. The biscuits were dry and so was the omelet,which was not as ordered. Lots of food for price but not tasty.

1  Thank Jane T
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Frank's has been around for many years and is popular with the Old Timers. Breakfast is the best time to go and the biscuits are very good. The area is getting bad and town has moved away from the restaurant, so Frank's has lost some of it's former luster the past 10 years.

1  Thank MikeS614
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I asked the housekeeper at the Holiday Inn for a good place to eat. (Like to check with the locals). She said to try Franks and it was within 10 minutes away. They are only open for breakfast and lunch, but the smokehouse nextdoor opens in the evening. That's when they have the crawfish boil. We had catfish for lunch with a couple sides. I had potato salad and black eyed peas. What can I say...it was all good!!!

1  Thank dcvanz
Reviewed February 27, 2012

My husband and I stopped in Baton Rouge and the night clerk at our motel recommended a chain restaurant nearby for breakfast. Fortunately for us, I asked the morning clerk about places, and he said the locals ate at a place down the road called Franks. We always like the local places over the chains, so took his advice and were very glad we did. Our waitress, Red, answered our questions about some unfamiliar (to us Northeners) menu items, and even brought us a few little samples of them! He had eggs, boudin, and home fries, and said it was all delicious. I had sausage biscuits and gravy, which was the best I've ever had. My only regret is I didn't notice the half order, because the portion was huge! However, it was too good to waste, so I ate every bite. The service was good, the coffee was good, the food was excellent. We were wishing we had more time to spend in town so we could go there for breakfast again!

1  Thank nhlupine