“Order seafood, not beef”

Mike Andersons Seafood
Ranked #22 of 1,036 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Cape Coral, Florida
“Order seafood, not beef”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Three of us went for dinner on a Monday night. We started with fried crawfish tails which were outstanding. Then one diner had the fried seafood platter which was big enough for 2. It was fresh and delicious. I had the crawfish au grautin which was flavorful and appropriate size. Our third diner had the beef tenderloin Medium. It came out very well done and and before we could say anything the waitress noticed it and whisked it away with apologies. The filet returned raw. I eat my meat rare and this was too rare for me especially when it was ordered medium. Back to the grill it went only to be returned well done on half and rare on the other half. We asked to speak to manager who gladly took if off our check. While waiting for his dinner the waitress brought out a cup of average crab bisque. We didn't slight the waitress's tip with the removal of a $30 entree. One thing of note is since this was our first visit we were interested in hearing more about a menu item "shrimp, crawfish, or fish prepares 7 different ways". Our seasoned waitress was unable to tell us the "7 ways". She stated "they're all different, depending upon what protein you choose. Some are hot. Some are cold, baked, fried, whatever". Hmmmm. Also when we ordered caesar salad she asked "have you ever had ours? It has anchovies in it. Are you sure you want that?". Doesn't a Caesar salad always have anchovey or paste in the dressing? Anyway. It was our first visit. Not a disaster but not quite what we expected.

• Visited May 2013

Zachary, Louisiana
“Dinner”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Love this place. The food is plentiful and prepared the way I like. The staff is wonderful and the atmosphere is romantic. Love, Love, Love!!!

Visited August 2012
Texarkana, Arkansas
“Great Place!!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

A friend of mine lives in Baton Rouge and he took me to this place. I have to say I was impressed. I had a shrimp dish that was great. Everything on the menu looked good. The wine list was also pretty good. You know when a local loves the place it is going to be good.

Visited April 2013
Baton Rouge
“Nice seafood place”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This place is really nice. There are tv's in the dining area and nice aquariums in the walls. The food was just ok though. My husband had the chicken breast, it was not tender at all. I had the half and half platter. The amount of food did not match the price. The stuffed Potatoe was pretty good.

• Visited May 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Good Seafood in a Casual Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I crossed town to eat at a restaurant with a great seafood reputation in Baton Rouge. We walked in and were seated right away while larger groups were waiting on a Saturday night. We thought for sure this was a good sign. The hostess sat us and we waited nearly 8 minutes before anyone acknowledged us! In fact it was one of the managers that noticed us just patiently waiting. The service quickly turned around and that is why I ranked service 3 out of 5. We started off with Chargrilled oysters and they were excellent at 6 for $8.95. My wife ordered shrimp linguini and I had the broiled seafood platter served in a large fish shaped platter! The platter was $27.95 and came with a side salad and a stuffed baked potato! I would definitely get this again as it is what you expect from spicy south Louisiana seafood!

• Visited April 2013