“Best Roman Pizza in the south.”

Fleur-de-lis Cocktail Lounge
Ranked #161 of 1,074 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This old joint makes the best Pizza in the state. It is different. Not much sauce but loads of flavor. Small, old, and crowded. Cool Cold Beer and great Pizza, but don't expect much else to eat.

1  Thank fatmanadt

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Whatever they do to these square pizzas is magic. The ingredients are simple. There is nothing fine or high end.

It is an old school pizza joint. The veggie and round the world pizza are my favorites.

I've been going to this place for years. There is a good reason they have been around for decades.

1  Thank Robert J
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am a fan of Ledo's pizza, a Washington DC chain that makes thin-crust rectangle shaped pizzas cut into square pieces, and you just cannot find that in Baton Rouge. At least i didn't think you could until i heard about Fleur de lis. So i was very excited to try it, especially after reading the glowing reviews.

I ate two large pizzas, a pepperoni and the "around the world" pizza, which includes multiple toppings and is their signature pizza. In a word, i was disappointed! The crust was dry and bland for the most part, though it did have a nice chewiness to it in the center of the pizza. The toppings were sparse, and the cheese to sauce ratio was negative (too little cheese!). I do not know why some rave about the sauce as it was average to me.Overall, the pizza did not gell into anything special.

And, it is NOT a good value! The large "around the world" cost $13, a lot of money down here in Baton Rouge, and the "large" pizza was quite small, maybe 12 inches long by 6 wide, and since it is a thin-crust pizza it is not very substantial. I am not a huge eater, but i was able to down BOTH large pizzas at the table, which cost $25 total. Seriously, a pizza hut large pan pie would have tasted about as good and at $10 would be a much better value.

Sorry, i LOVE little hole in the wall places and would have loved to recommend this, but i just can't. :(

2  Thank stevej4
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is the best place for pizza in Baton Rouge. Located on Government Street, east of downtown by a few miles. The decor is worth seeing but leave time for a few slices of pizza, pizza of all kinds.

1  Thank LAsharky
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were shopping in Baton Rouge for the day and wanted to have pizza for dinner. One of the shoppers recommended this place. I put the address in my gps. It is an interesting site. If it wasn't for my gps we would have missed it. It is like a local dive inside as well as out. We arrived early so it wasn't busy and the service was good. The pizza was probably the best we ever had. We will definitely return when we are in the area. They only take cash and there is an ATM machine in the restaurant which is really different!

1  Thank Cajuncouple50