“Gumbo and Boudin”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Anytime we are in Baton Rouge, we always make a stop at The Chimes. You have to have the boudin balls - they are so good and I love that dip they serve with it. And of course, their gumbo is some of the best I've ever had. Service is good, Bloody Marys are cheap and delicious, and they have an excellent beer selection.

Two thumbs up!

There are newer reviews for The Chimes Restaurant & Tap Room

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Get the blackened alligator appetizer. Everything on the menu is good. Go about 1/2 hr before rush hour to beat the crowds. There are two locations. One near LSU North gate and one on Coursey Blvd.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Went there based on tripadvisor reviews and recommendations. I was a bit disappointed with the visit. Maybe it was because I felt old in a crowd of LSU student aged people at the bar. Located right near campus. The etoufee was good but not as good as advertised. Great beer selection. Overall I would go to Parrains over Chimes any day.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I'm from Baton Rouge and lived there most of my life until moving to Texas. The Chimes is always a favorite. Every trip "home", my husband and I make sure to have Sunday morning brunch at The Chimes. It is required in our family!

I always get the Crab Cakes with poached eggs (I can't remember the title of the dish). My husband always gets whatever dish has poached eggs and fried oysters. But you really cannot go wrong.

And its a sin to go and not get boudin balls as an appetizer.

Best brunch I have ever had.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This year was the first time I have gone to LSU's Homecoming. One place I always make time for is The Chimes. I have been eating there since 1985. It is the definitely best place to eat within walking distance right off of campus. I always have the Oyster Po-Boy and an Abita beer. Somethings in life never change and some you do not want to change. The Chimes falls into places that you never want to change as it is that good.