“Interesting food and atmosphere”

The Chimes Restaurant & Tap Room
Ranked #6 of 1,037 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Interesting food and atmosphere”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Visited on a Saturday afternoon, and were seated right away. This restaurant is right next to the LSU campus, so lots of college students, but didn't feel uncomfortable with our family of five and small children. Very interesting decor. Fast and friendly service. Food was delicious. I had bacon-wrapped shrimp with blue cheese coleslaw (yum!) and hubby had a boudin omelette with garlic grits (also yum!). Basic kids menu offerings, my oldest had the popcorn shrimp and enjoyed it. For our family of five, we had two entrees, three kids meals and a beer for about $60 including tip. We ate a late lunch here before heading over to see the USS Kidd, which is just a few miles away.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank jckc98

Zachary, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Crab Cakes”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Every time I visit The Chimes West I get the crab cakes - they are just that good!
My only complaint for this eatery is the noise level.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Trudy B
Spring, Texas
“Fun Pub Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Recently ate at The Chimes twice. Both times the food was really good. Service was good, too, considering how busy they were. It does get really crowded at lunch time, so plan accordingly.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tsalib
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent Crawfish Etouffe”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The bar has a great atmosphere, an amzing selection of beers and the food I had was excellent. Would highly recommend.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Andrew1979
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great food, Great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I love going to the Chimes. I'm a vegetarian and need places where I can go with my omnivore friends, and we're always satisfied with The Chimes. It's a great bar too

• Visited March 2013