“Disappointing”

Dining options: Delivery
Denham Springs, Louisiana
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

For sushi lovers, there are so many other restaurants in Baton Rouge where the sushi and the food are so much better. Our meal was disappointing. The rice in the sushi rolls was dry and stale and the teriyaki had zero flavor. It was so bland that it wasn't even worth eating. While service was very good, the atmosphere left much to be desired. There were only 3 other tables of people in the entire restaurant although that could be attributed to the fact that it was a week night. We went because we had a coupon, but it wasn't even worth the price of a reduced priced meal.

• Visited November 2011

“Medicore At Best”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Had a recent dining experience at Kamado's. I was hesitant to go but we had a Bargain Bee that was going to expire. When I read the fine print, I didn't realize Kamado's had moved from the location on S. Sherwood to Bennington. We always enjoyed Kamado's on S. Sherwood and we were hoping for the same experience. Not quite.

We wanted habachi and there are no habachi tables at this restaurant. Bummer. Instead we ordered sushi.

The restaurant seemed cluttered; phone books stacked on tables, a fireplace in the middle of the floor, etc...

The sushi was ok. Nothing to write home about. The service was quick and efficient.

Would we go back? Doubtful. Too many other sushi restaurants that are better and closer to our home.

• Visited November 2011
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best Kept Secret -”
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I have been meaning to write a review on this restaurant for a few months now because I feel it needs a little more marketing (although I love going and not having to wait ever to be sat or pick up food). The ambiance is pretty relaxing, it feels cozy but a bit outdated for my style. The service has always been great. We always tend to order appetizers, sushi and entree between 2 and then box it up for the house. The food is great. Seaweed salad, squid salad, edamames, all as good as Ichiban or even better (to my opinion). But the best of me is the sushi. We have tried at least 10 of their specialty selection and love ALL of them. The fish is always fresh, the sizes are perfect and again, it is done then and there in front of you and fast!

I know baton rouge has many places where you can find Japanese food, and I have not been to all; but compared to the many I do know, this one is my favorite of all and I hope you try it too!

• Visited January 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
“Completely shocked with the service”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

This is my first review but I had to share my experience here from this weekend. My friend and I were seated and not attended to for about 10mins..we finally asked someone about our waiter and heard that the hostess had not told our waiter about us. We were served dirty menus and when we asked for the specialty rolls menu we were told that they were all being used when there were only 4 other tables there and that we could tell the waiter what kind of sushi we liked and he could order some speciality rolls for us without us having to look at the menu (seriously??)..we both ordered a diet coke and he said that they were out of diet coke. we put in our appetizers and told the waiter to give us a few minutes. when we were ready to order a few minutes later he was nowhere to be seen and never came back. when we finally saw him again and flagged him down he said "oh you want to order something else?" I have to say thought the sushi was really good the chefs do know what theyre doing. when it was time to leave we asked for a box twice then saw the waiter pass our table and he said" did y'all want a box?" (wow). We paid with a card and the waiter came back and asked if we could leave him a tip in cash because the machine was out of paper and that was the last time they were able to run a card for the night.
will NEVER dine here again..we left frustrated and it definitely ruined our mood for the night..the service is horrible and managers dont know what theyre doing..however the sushi is good and i would consider picking up an order in the future.

1 Thank Marie775
Baton Rouge
“Horrible!!!”
Reviewed April 1, 2010

We went to Kamado's as we used to like it a few years back. Apparently the quality has declined considerably. We ordered wine and beef and pork dishes. After 40 minutes of waiting, we asked a waiter what was taking so long and he answered that there is a big party they are serving so the kitchen cannot get our food ready as yet. Finally the food comes after we have all but lost our appetites and it has a yucky teriyaki sauce which I specifically did not want. I sent it back and they tried to fix it but the meat was so awful - seems that the only way they can make it palatable is by pouring nasty gooey sauce on it.
After telling the waiter how bad the food was, they did not have the decency to come apologize for the food (wasn't exactly the waiter's fault) and charged us fully for the meal and drinks.
The manger was surly and did not care when we complained. The least they could have done was offered us a free drink or dessert!
They just lost us as customers and many more by word of mouth.

1 Thank ginieBatonRouge