“Sports bar with good food”
Review of T J Ribs

T J Ribs
Ranked #18 of 1,120 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

The baby back ribs, burger with mojo fries and the baseball cut filet are all highly recommended.

Both the Acadian and Siegen location have the same good food but the location on Siegen is nicer and the service is generally better.

Reviewed August 18, 2018

Used to be my only "go-to" place for babyback ribs. Now they have this Fulton ribs thing. Either the rub or the cook is really messed up. I ate one rib and my tongues was so on fire I couldn't taste anything else. Tasted like someone dumped an entire box of cayenne pepper on it. It also had hot sauce all over it which I did NOT ask for. The waiter appeared very uninterested in me and my friend nor did he care about my dissatisfaction with the ribs. Brought them home to my son who LOVES hot and spicy - he ate one and threw them in the garbage. I will really miss the old babyback rib recipe but I'll have to find another place. Even 24 hours later, my tongue still burns and I can't really taste anything. I'm so pissed! Never again, TJ's. I'll also pass the word to all my friends and family who loved your old babybacks.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

Met a friend for lunch today hoping for good food. So disappointing! My friend had the combination plat of ribs and chicken. Well, the chicken looked more like a piece of Cornish hen the the ribs were....well...difficult to describe. It was a dark mass smaller than a slice of bread. It seemed the only saving grace was the monster potato that came as a side. All the meat had been cooked to a fare thee well. I had the red beans and rice, and that, too, was disappointing. Definitely overpriced. Watery beans with some sort of mystery meat, and proceed rice. The warmed cornbread muffin was definitely not cooked there. I took hope ribs, and there was cooked to oblivion as well. Been there twice: the first and the last time. With all of the local restaurants in Baton Rouge, you can certainly do better than this.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Awesome ribs! My family and I stopped on the way home from New Orleans after leaving a cruise ship and eating amazing food for a week. This was a great choice, excellent food, fast and friendly service! TJ Ribs Baton Rouge, has some excellent sides too! I chose the squash casserole and the Cajun potato salad, they were both wonderful! We will definately go back again when we are in the Baton Rouge area!

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Great ribs, large chicken tenders and nice atmosphere. Always busy but prompt service and excellent wait staff. I look forward to eating there again.

Been to T J Ribs? Share your experiences!