“Great new hotel downtown”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Andover, MA
“Great new hotel downtown”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This new hotel is downtown. Surrounded by restaurants and overlooking the Mississippi, it is walking distance (3 blocks) from state offices and downtown businesses. It is modern, clean, and green. The decor is great and typical hampton features. Had a few glitches with the outlets and air conditioning but highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Explorer_from_Boston
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Greetings from Baton Rouge, Explorer_from_Boston,

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for your most recent stay as well as your review! We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! Don't forget about our balcony rooms overlooking the Mississippi River, the next time you are in town, you should give one of them a try! As you know we are the only hotel in the downtown area to offer this amenity and we could not be more proud of this fact! Speaking of Little Village room service, our balcony rooms make a fantastic dining experience, especially at sunset. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Louisiana
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

In town for a meeting. Nice clean rooms, great breakfast. Very helpful staff. Breakfast staff were very friendly and accommodating. Hard to get to hotel due to one way streets. Can walk to several downtown restaurants though.

• Stayed June 2014
Bonjour mitizi610,

Hello from Cajun Country! Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We are glad to be apart of the growing downtown community that is accessible to many different areas including the State Capital and many different restaurants and attractions! Speaking of our breakfast, as innovators, the Hampton brand is constantly updating and adding new options for our guests and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed it! We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Most of the out of town guest for my nephew's wedding stayed here. Very clean, modern, and great breakfast. Looks like it was recently built. In center of Baton Rouge near government and major office buildings. Nice Bar across street with entertainment but Baton Rouge is mostly boring at night. Staff handled large group bookings with great skill.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings from Baton Rouge Juan V.!

Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit. We are glad to be apart of the growing downtown community that is accessible to many different areas of the area including the State Capital and many different restaurants and attractions! We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Broken Arrow, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Enjoyed our stay at the Hampton. We have recommended it to our friends. We always stay at a Hampton if one is available in the area we are traveling. We especially like the fact that we can have breakfast before leaving rather than looking for a restaurant. This definitely saves time when traveling to have breakfast before heading out.

Greetings from Cajun Country, Don H.,

I would like to take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Geismar, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had been looking forward to having our guests and family stay at Hampton Inn Baton Rouge Downtown for quite some time. The bride and maids got ready in one suite and the Moms, aunts and special friends got ready in another suite. We had a great time! The complimentary breakfast was wonderful and the rooms were very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable! Overall, we had a marvelous experience!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Bonne journée Nancy C., or good day,

Greetings from Baton Rouge! Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your wedding block, we love being able to offer bridal parties unique experiences during their stay! We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to Randy and our staff! If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

TN
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Superior property with impeccable staff, lavish rooms and phenomenal breakfast. My sincere thanks to all the wonderful staff, especially Greg at the front desk and Linda, over the breakfast area. They do an exceptional job and have very bright and friendly personalities. Thank you for a wonderful experience in Baton Rouge.

• Stayed May 2014
Bonjour Joy4traveling!

Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to Randy and our staff! If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We recently had a family event in Baton Rouge and arranged to have three out-of-town couples housed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown. I was most interested in assuring that these family members were well accommodated and did question them a length about their stay. They confirmed that the hotel was first rate and staff was wonderful. It was exactly what I had experienced in making arrangements for their stay. I must say I didn't speak to a soul who wasn't polite and eager to be of help. The manager, Ben Blackwell, set a standard for professionalism and cordiality that hasn't been exceeded in my many years of domestic and international travel. Bravo!

Room Tip: There are some rooms with a view of the Mississippi river that will have special appeal to anyone wi...