“Hampton near the capitol”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Shreveport, La., United States
“Hampton near the capitol”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Walking distance from the capitol made this hotel highly desirable. The rooms were extremely clean and the service was very attentive. The complimentary breakfast was very good, also. Lastly, having arrived late at night, I received a complimentary snack bag that was highly welcomed for a very weary traveler.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Alma R,

Greetings from Cajun Country! Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We are glad to be apart of the growing downtown community that is accessible to many different areas of the area including the State Capital and many different restaurants and attractions! We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Marksville, Louisiana
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Great location for downtown stay. Restaurants, night clubs and state agencies are nearby for pleasure and business. The complimentary breakfast is a full self serve and very good. I recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to park and take care of business and pleasure walking. The parking is in a garage that is across the street with unlimited exits and entrances.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Greetings Charles R,

Hello from Baton Rouge! Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future! There are some exciting things happening all around the hotel and downtown that will add even more benefit to the surrounding area, including brand new restaurants and shops. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Logansport, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Rooms were very clean, the staff was amazing. The breakfast provided every morning was very good. Coffee in the dining area 24/7 was fresh at all hours. For having to be away from my home for nearly 3 weeks for work, this was the best I could've asked for.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Kristin J,

Greetings from Baton Rouge! Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Palm Harbor, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have stayed here 3 times visiting my daughter at LSU. This is a new hotel that has just opened a few months before she started. The rooms are modern and clean. The beds are extra clean and comfy!!!!! Free internet too!!! It is in the downtown area but there are also enough convenient restaurants to make it enjoyable!!! The staff at breakfast was also an above and beyond pleasant surprise.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Bonjour Cynthia R!

Comment les affaires or how are things? Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We hope you choose to come and visit during an LSU football game! We offer some great views of Alex Box Stadium from some of our balcony rooms and it is impressive to see all of the flowing waves of purple and gold at game time! We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Brenham, Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This Hampton Inn & Suites appears to be fairly new (maybe one year?) and it has been maintained very well. The staff was very friendly and quite helpful with restaurant recommendations. The breakfast area is quite large and the food selections more than adequate. The workout facility was also wonderful. This is a great location for all the cultural venues in and around the downtown area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear 390sh,

Greetings from Baton Rouge! Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Dallas, TX
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed here for three nights with my 17 year old daughter. The rooms were nice and very clean. This property is either relatively new or has been renovated. The staff was very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was included in our rate. They had a good selection of both hot and cold breakfast items with a tasty southwestern omelet on our last morning. The rooms were nicely furnished and relatively big. The hotel is one block off the river in a good location for anything in down town Baton Rouge and not too far from LSU. We will stay here again next time we are in Baton Rouge.

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side have the best views but they will experience more river traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Volleyball_Parent
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Volleyball_Parent,

Jackson, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here for business; close to the Shaw Center and the River Center and easy to get to; Very pleased with the accommodations; hotel is relatively new and it still shows; would stay again and recommend

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Amy W
Dear Amy W,

Comment ça va or how is it going? Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We love being able to offer our guests our unique blend of Southern charm and hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your review to my staff! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!