“Great Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Location”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel has very nice view of the river and is within wall distance to the State Capital Attractions will stay again!!! The hotel Staff was a pleasure. They went above and beyond the call of duty. I have to say the price is a little steep including parking, but the location and the views made up for the price.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Member,

Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. I'm also excited to announce that we are expanding have expanded our Hampton Breakfast which offers even more choices for our guests to choose from! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We arrived early and the hotel stored our luggage until we could check in. The room was super clean, super quiet and the beds were excellent. Breakfast had variety and the coffee was good. Front desk was helpful and prompt with any requests.

2 Thank Sheila R
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Shelia R,

Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. I'm also excited to announce that we are expanding our Hampton Breakfast which will offer even more choices for our guests to choose from! We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Mandeville La., United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed downtown at the Hampton Inn.. Everything new, fresh, and clean. Staff very friendly and personable. Location is ideal to enjoy the Baton Rouge nightlife. Parking is convenient . Beds are tres comfy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Holly W
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Holly W,

Let me start off by thanking you for your most recent review. We love hearing from our guests about their experiences not only at our hotel but in Baton Rouge in general. Here at the Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge, we want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests leaves here 100% Satisfied and I am glad to hear that we met your expectations! We do hope the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area, that we could be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance, now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge Downtown
Canyon, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Nice hotel, great location, clean rooms, great service provided by front desk and dining staff. Hotel parking is a bit unusual. You must pay $15 to reserve a space in their small lot or pay $9 to park across the street in their parking garage. Little Village restaurant is right next door. Fabulous food.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

3 Thank Susie G
Dear Susie G,

Let me first and foremost take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

new orleans
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Forty-five minutes left.

The Hampton Inn Baton Rouge on Lafayette is a great hotel, worthy of its current #1 rating in TripAdvisor. There are many qualities with a few problems, of which the parking problems are somewhat beyond Hampton’s control as much of the parking is owned by another entity.

The qualities first. The Bed and Breakfast are great. I was in town for a wedding and in the bed, I slept like a baby, not a bridegroom. Breakfast foods are plentiful and varied, from oatmeal to bacon to fresh fruit. There probably should be better explanation on operating the waffle maker for inexperienced travelers such as I. One may watch CNN or, through a semi-circular window, one may watch the 525 Lafayette construction which will give a great view of the River until the construction is complete. The staff is overly friendly and cooperative. One helped me solve the mystery of North Boulevard versus North Street, two roads so close but so far away when searching for a wedding.

The biggest problem is parking. Hampton is on the corner of Lafayette and Main, two one-way streets. The ground-level parking lot access is on Lafayette, paralleling the River. A simple but large sign at the entrance to the lot would make it clear that the lot is now controlled by Hampton. Hampton is thus susceptible to the COIK fallacy (clear only if known). There are fifteen minute spots in the rear for checking in, but these are not visible from the parking access. One may rent a ground-level spot for about fifteen dollars a day—very convenient, but one does not know the option until check-in if even then. Garage parking is nine dollars a day.

The largest part of parking for Hampton is across the Street on Main at a LaSalle parking building. However, if one approaches the LaSalle from the Hampton exit onto Main, one must go around the parking structure to find an entrance on North Street or Main. One more problem, the entrance to the parking structure on Main is not visible until one has passed it. Thus one more circle around the building. A large entrance sign in front of the shrubs would help. COIK. Inside the parking structure, the signs are also not clear, but it seems that one may park on the first floor though not in a reserved spot. One may certainly park on higher floors.

Across Lafayette from Hampton is a restaurant called Azteca apparently in the former location of Little Village. In front and alongside of the restaurant are about ten street parking spots. These spots are not metered on the weekend. So one may park on the street on a quiet weekend and save nine dollars from the hotel parking. One meter even had forty-five minutes remaining on it when I arrived on a Saturday morning and had the same forty-five minutes on it when I left Sunday. Go find that forty-five minute meter. Free parking at that meter !

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view. There are many.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank aferry
Dear aferry,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your most recent review of our hotel. We love hearing from our guests about their experiences, not only in our hotel but also about their stay in Baton Rouge! Here at the Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge Downtown we take pride in standing behind the Hampton Inn 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and want to make sure that each and every guest leaves our door as such. I am glad to hear that you did enjoy your stay and can understand your frustration with the parking but know that this is a constant work in progress for the hotel and myself. Through feedback like yours we can ensure future guests do not experience the same confusion. With the new IBM tower going up next door, street parking will become a very difficult to find which is why I have ensured that our guests have two parking options for guaranteed hassle free as well as safe and secure parking. We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area, that we would be your hotel of choice! If my staff or I can be of any assistance, now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge Downtown
Winston Salem
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was passing through Baton Rouge on my way to Texas and selected this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. It was a great experience. Check in was quick and they called me in the room right after I was in to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. The room was well appointed and the wifi worked the whole time I was there. Overall, I would certainly stay here again and the balcony was lovely to watch the traffic on the Mississippi.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Vanessa S,

Metairie, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel and the staff Exceeded my Expectations. I arrived as a single mother with 3 children in my care. The staff was cheerful, funny, and understanding to additional needs for the suite we stayed in. The only I'd change is that we would've stayed longer. ;)

Dear Genisa U,