“Clean and comfortable”

GreenLeadersBronze level
St. James, United States
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Had a pleasant stay. The room was clean. The bed is very comfortable. The breakfast selection is good. When the TV is turned off it holds the channel you were watching when turned back on. It did not revert back to some insipid hotel screen each time it was turned on.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reina H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear John G,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review about your recent stay at our hotel. Our guests' feedback is the best way for us to know how we are doing. Here at the Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, we take pride in ensuring that each and every one of our guests' stay exceeds their expectations and that they leave us 100% satisfied.
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to pass on your feedback to our staff! We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Baton Rouge and if we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel is located in wonderful location in downtown Baton Rouge. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The key system was frustrating though. It took too many attempts to unlock my door as well as the gate in the parking garage. I can't say enough about the staff however. they were very accommodating and answered all my questions about the city and the surrounding area. I would definitely stay there again.

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Baton Rouge. I was really excited to hear that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to sharing your feedback with our staff!

Secondly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with our key system. Although it is a high-end system, we are still working out the kinks and will certainly ensure that our staff clearly communicates how to use the system with our guests to eliminate any future confusion.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Houston, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I arrived in Baton Rouge really early (9:30 AM) and had an hour before my meetings started. I went to the hotel and amazingly was allowed to check in early. The staff was incredibly helpful in letting me do this so I could get ready for my long day. Parking was pretty easy, and the rooms were nice. Good stay!

Dear Jerome G,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown. We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience and feedback with us as it is a great way for us to learn how we are doing and share this with our staff. We want to ensure that all of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you early and you had enough time to get ready for your meeting.
We hope that the next time you find yourself in Baton Rouge that we would be your hotel of choice. And if we can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Canton, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Linda in the breakfast area was AWESOME! She was friendly and very helpful! She kept the food stocked and the area immaculately clean. The entire staff was nice. As with any downtown hotel it could be a bit noisy at times and the pillows were a bit uncomfortable, but overall, the experience was very good! I recommend this hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Denise K,

Thanks for your most recent review! I will be sure to share with Linda and the rest of the staff your kind words. We love hearing from our guests about their experiences and we also want to make sure that just as the Hampton motto states, that they leave here 100% Satisfied. We know that our location, being in the heart of downtown Baton Rouge, offers our guests the ability to walk to many of the great local restaurants and attractions but also can be a tad noisy at times. We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area, that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Safe travels,

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has to be the nicest Hampton around. It is new so it is all bright, shiny, and beautifully appointed. Try for a balcony room overlooking the river. Very nice breakfast and good restaurants and bars within easy walking distance. Friendly and helpful staff and great cookies! Great location for downtown, state Capitol, and easy drive to LSU. Be careful about one way streets all around the hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cabana M,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. I also want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your most recent visit to Baton Rouge. We want to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied during their stay and afterwards! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the downtown Baton Rouge area. We love being able to offer our guests that chance to walk to many of the local area attractions and out balcony views can't be beat! We hope that the next time you find yourself in Baton Rouge that we would be your hotel of choice. If my staff or I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you again!

Safe travels,

Laurel, MS
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotel is new and quite beautiful. The check in process was very efficient as well as the check out. As usual, the room and bathroom were very clean. The staff was informative and helpful. The breakfast was hot and plentiful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Nancy R,

I just wanted to thank you for your most recent review of our hotel. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay as we strive to ensure that each and everyone of our guests leave here 100% satisfied. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff! We do hope that the next time you find yourself in the Baton Rouge area, that we are able to serve you again! If my staff or I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,

Hampton Inn and Suites Baton Rouge
Clinton, MS, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very nice, seemingly new, clean accommodations. The bed was very comfortable, the sheets fresh and inviting. But, why do scrambled eggs have to be so hard and dry? And, why would the breakfast attendant let the serving dish empty completely before even beginning a second batch? Next time, I'll sleep in and skip the breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Marilyn H,

First and foremost I want to thank you for your most recent stay with us. Secondly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. We take pride in ensuring that each and everyone of our guests leave here 100% satisfied. It is not just the Hampton Inn motto but one we take to heart as a property. I would love an opportunity to speak with you personally about your stay and experience. We understand that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we have worked out all of the last minute new hotel jitters and hope that the next time you are in town, that we would be your hotel of choice. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,