“Car was flooded & Bad Customer Service!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Auberge Casino & Hotel

L'Auberge Casino & Hotel
Ranked #12 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Austin, Texas
“Car was flooded & Bad Customer Service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am extremely disappointed and upset with the lack of priority and respect that I have received after water got in my BMW 328i while valeted at the casino. The incident happened last week and not once has the casino initiated a phone call with me after hearing about the situation. I've spoken with countless managers and valet "leads" and keep getting passed off to the next person! Pardon the lengthiness, but a description of the incident is detailed below.

I stayed at L'auberge hotel and casino last Thursday (May 9th) and valeted my BMW overnight. There was a pretty bad thunderstorm during the night and somehow water got in my car and soaked the carpeting on the front passenger side. When I valeted my car, the windows and the doors were closed.

I didn't notice the water until I had arrived home on Friday afternoon. I immediately called the hotel and spoke with someone who said that he would look into the matter and get back with me. He did not call me back that day, nor did he call back the following day. On Sunday, I called the hotel back again. At this point, there is now an odor in my car. I spoke with Jason Fontenot, and asked him to please get back with me quickly so that I could figure out what needed to be done. He told me that he couldn't even find any record of my car being valeted and that he would have to go through all the check in times to find it. Surprise, surprise, he didn't get back to me either, despite the fact that I found the valet ticket and called back to give him the number. I called back Monday and spoke to yet another Valet supervisor, La Gregory who was a little more helpful than the rest. He told me that the claims person would get in touch with me. After a few hours, I again called back. I spoke with yet another Valet Lead who told me that I would have to fill out a claim at the casino. I had to drive an hour back to a casino to fill out the paperwork. When I got there, LaGregory was the only person who tried to at least be courteous and nice. After I filled out the paperwork with the security person, I was given a business card and told to call back in the morning. LaGregory told me that the Claims person would be in touch with me in the morning. Guess what?! It's two days later and still no response.

It's really disappointing that an overall nice stay was ruined by such bad customer service. When there is damage to property, one would expect that a hotel/casino would take the matter very seriously and try to get it resolved. Unfortunately, this is not the case and I'm still trying to get the matter resolved and the odor out of my car.

Don't come here, if you value your personal property!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Joy B
Chase A, Guest Experience Specialist at L'Auberge Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
After a thorough investigation, L’Auberge Baton Rouge has denied any liability for this incident. Video surveillance and valet-system photographic evidence shows that this guest arrived at L’Auberge Baton Rouge with her windows rolled down. Upon receiving and parking the car, our valet attendant promptly closed all windows.

As stated on all valet parking claims tickets, any claim of an incident must be made in person before a guest leaves. The guest was required to return to L’Auberge Baton Rouge to file her claim so that damage could be inspected.

Our investigation of the facts surrounding the incident determined that there no hazards, obstructions, or defects in the valet lot nor was there any negligence on the part of our team members that would have contributed to this damage. This guests vehicle was parked in our garage and could not have been exposed to rain or any other moisture.

Guest Experience Specialist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Clear Lake, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our first time visit to this facility was impressive from the get go! Beautiful new hotel and casino sitting on the banks of the Mississippi River. Our room was very nicely appointed with all amenities like oversized shower, 40" flat screen TV, a television built into the bathroom mirror, and a great view of the river. Unfortunately, the casino was in a building of it's own with a 2nd story crosswalk over to it (100 yards or so). At least you are protected from the elements as you cross. The casino was medium sized with all the latest 1800 slot machines (85% of the machines are penny machines). Each machine has a built-in keypad where you can order your choice of a variety of drinks that are delivered to your machine within 5 minutes after you push Okay! Too cool. And, of course, there are various table games available to play including craps, blackjack, poker and a few other different games. All eating places are in an around the casino building and none in the hotel, except room service. So, get ready for your walk in the morning for the breakfast buffet. This was nothing special, though, with the usual sausage, ham, eggs, fruit, etc. But, there is an omelet stand so you can get eggs that are fresh and hot. We will return again.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room overlooking the Mississippi without any obstructions in your view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chase A, Guest Experience Specialist at L'Auberge Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Gene,

Welcome to the life at L’Auberge! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your first visit with us! Thank you so much for your review. We look forward to your next visit.

Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Last week was our first overnight stay at L'Auberge Baton Rouge. We are regular casino players and we spent 2 nights last week. The casino employees are excellent and very helpful with anything your need. The food was excellent from the restaurant to PJ'S coffee shop. My husband told Ms.Latara Payne that we were spending our 21st anniversary adn she was kind enough to extend 2 free breakfast buffets to us. The rooms are very spacious and cleaned to perfection. We frequent Louisiana Casinos but your hotel is TOPS with us. We will see you again soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Frances,

Thank you for taking the time to review L’Auberge Baton Rouge after your recent visit. We are glad to hear that you are regular players in our casino and recently decided to stay in our hotel. We hope to see you again soon for another amazing stay.

Happy Anniversary,

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was my third stay at L'Auberge Casino & Hotel and it was again top notch. I am not much of a gambler, but the Casino is enticing and fun to experience. The rooms are always elegant and exceptionally clean. The food throughout the facility is by far the best in any Baton Rouge Hotel offered and the dining experience is fantastic - they must go to great lengths training and keeping their employees happy because every employee seems to be having a great time.
I have recommended this facility to all my friends and they all come back with the same impression.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your great review following your third visit with us! We are so very proud of our amazing team members and the job that they do. Thank you for recognizing this. We look forward to your fourth visit soon!

Warmest regards,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Don't bring your children. Nothing for them to do, unless they like sitting in a room. Pool is unacceptable for a high class hotel. Not family friendly. We will be taking our business else where. Both of the bars were nice, food was good. Everything smelt like smoke. Parking was decent. Security seemed a bit overpowering, I don't want someone looking over my shoulder every minute. I feel that my children should be allowed by my side. Didn't have a good time. They need to make a place for the children to hang at.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Thefamilymob
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you and your family did not enjoy your time with us. While minors are not allowed in our casino per state law, we truly hope that you enjoyed the rest of your experience with us throughout the rest of our property.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Room was very nice with an excellent view of the river. Bathrooms were spacious, with a great shower and seperate toilet area, which is always nice. The pool area was excellent. Not a huge area, but it was a roof top pool and very well layed out and quite elegant. The casino area is very nice and well ventelated, not too smokey. The breafast buffet was excellent in qualit and choice and the steak restaurant "Steak 18" was outstanding.

Room Tip: Get a river view and try Steak 18 not the sports bar
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank dalecjr
Chase A, Guest Experience Specialist at L'Auberge Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dale,

Thanks so much for your great view and the wonderful pictures! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to L’Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge and hope to welcome you back for many more!

Metairie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We especially enjoyed the room because the hotel is all non-smoking and that is amazing considering it is a casino hotel. The rooms were very well appointed and beds were comfortable. The buffet was also very good, especially the breakfast with made to order omelets. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joyschuy
Thank you for your review! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took advantage of our amazing breakfast at Bon Temps Buffet. Our Sunday Brunch at 18 STEAK is something that you should definitely not miss on your next visit!

Thanks!