“Have seen much better.”

L'Auberge Casino & Hotel
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Don't bring your children. Nothing for them to do, unless they like sitting in a room. Pool is unacceptable for a high class hotel. Not family friendly. We will be taking our business else where. Both of the bars were nice, food was good. Everything smelt like smoke. Parking was decent. Security seemed a bit overpowering, I don't want someone looking over my shoulder every minute. I feel that my children should be allowed by my side. Didn't have a good time. They need to make a place for the children to hang at.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Thefamilymob
Chase A, Guest Experience Specialist at L'Auberge Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you and your family did not enjoy your time with us. While minors are not allowed in our casino per state law, we truly hope that you enjoyed the rest of your experience with us throughout the rest of our property.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Room was very nice with an excellent view of the river. Bathrooms were spacious, with a great shower and seperate toilet area, which is always nice. The pool area was excellent. Not a huge area, but it was a roof top pool and very well layed out and quite elegant. The casino area is very nice and well ventelated, not too smokey. The breafast buffet was excellent in qualit and choice and the steak restaurant "Steak 18" was outstanding.

Room Tip: Get a river view and try Steak 18 not the sports bar
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank dalecjr
Chase A, Guest Experience Specialist at L'Auberge Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dale,

Thanks so much for your great view and the wonderful pictures! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to L’Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge and hope to welcome you back for many more!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We especially enjoyed the room because the hotel is all non-smoking and that is amazing considering it is a casino hotel. The rooms were very well appointed and beds were comfortable. The buffet was also very good, especially the breakfast with made to order omelets. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joyschuy

Thank you for your review! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took advantage of our amazing breakfast at Bon Temps Buffet. Our Sunday Brunch at 18 STEAK is something that you should definitely not miss on your next visit!

Thanks!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I loved everything about this hotel. Was provided friendly service at check-in, got a nice room, enjoyed my meal at the sports bar and won in the casino. It was too cold to swim in the pool but it looked very inviting. Everything there was just real shiny and new and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Five_Aces_Tx

Thanks for your review! We really enjoyed your picture of our roof-top pool area! No matter what season it is, our heated pool always looks inviting. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal at Stadium Sports Bar & Grill and had some luck in the casino! Hope to see you again soon!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Everyone was very accommodating. I am writing this about a few individuals, who I found to be outstanding. They were hotel staff -at the desk - Tylor and Kahy. Bell hop I think - Al. I have stayed there a few times and every time these individuals have gone out their way, and are so personable.. They are what I call nice and professional, and a business asset. .

The majority of your staff are friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us. Tylor, Kathy, and Al are three amazing team members. I will make sure that they know that you’ve recognized that. See you soon!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I was there for a concert and Valentines Day. Really nice hotel. If you are looking to just stay in and not move around in the city, there is a casino, restaurant, bar, and coffee house all at the resort.

Room Tip: Nice room with old Louisiana charm from the pictures that was hanging in my room. Smoke Free facili...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nisha W

Nisha,

Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear that you and your husband chose L’Auberge to celebrate the recent holiday. I’m glad to know that you did not feel the need to leave once you arrived. We aim to provide our guests with everything they would need; all you have to do is enjoy!
We hope to see you both again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Got lost going out to this hotel/casino. It is not in the city. And in this case, that is good. It sits
right on the Mississippi River all by itself and the place is beautiful. Checking in was a bit
off as check-in was 4:00 and we didn't get our room until after 5:00. Very quiet lobby, like a small
boutique hotel. Sunsets are a must-see from the 12th story gorgeous roof-top pool. The pool is small, (not a kiddie attraction... yay!),and classy. The rooms are quite nice, but I did miss having a fridge in the room. The housekeeping needs attention as on the second day, they didn't replenish the hand towels. The casino is really nice, though a bit small compared to Coushatta.
Most of the staff was very nice. I just think the place is still fairly new and they just aren't quite
"seasoned" on customer service. We have been to the L'Auberge in Lake Charles and I have
to say that I have never been in love with it. Now, I can say that I do love the L'Auberge Baton
Rouge. Can't wait to go back and watch the sunset over the mighty "Mississip."

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review! I truly apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Please know that your comments have been shared with the departments mentioned so that they can be addressed immediately.

I’m happy to know that you still enjoyed your visit with us. The sunset views from L’Auberge Baton Rouge are absolutely breathtaking. We hope that you are able to see one again soon!