“s.l. huter”

Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
breaux bridge
“s.l. huter”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

A simply put awesome gaming, relaxing and culinary experience...The steakhouse "18" is tremendous...Service ibn the casino and hotel are first rate. Make this a weekend destination and you will not be disappointed. By the way golf is an additional amenity worth the trip in itself.

Room Tip: room numbers that end in 14 through 18 are nearest the elevators and the morning coffee pot...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank steve h
Chase A, Guest Experience Specialist at L'Auberge Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Mr. Huter,

Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and our golf course partner. We look forward to welcoming you back for another exciting weekend!

Best,

Guest Experience Specialist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed November 24, 2012

What a great surprise! Since this hotel just opened in September, everything is new and crisp. Beautiful decor, workout room is small but has everything you need and I marvel how they placed the beautiful palm trees on the rooftop for the pool. The location is about 4 miles from LSU, perfect if you are visiting the campus. This might not be the hotel for you if you are looking for something with quick access to I-10. Although front desk wished me happy birthday, I did not receive any other perk. Not even the request for a room on higher level or river view. Overall the staff appeared helpful, did not know the answers right away, but always found out.

Take note about the buffet not allowing 21 years and younger. Your only other options are the quick pastry/coffee stand or the steakhouse. Steakhouse is worth it by the way - we had a delicious meal - but I'm not sure if it is suitable for kiddos.

The casino has plenty of table games, slots and friendly dealers. We played blackjack many hours with a 4-deck shoe (not continuous automatic shuffler machines). I did not enjoy the smoke from other players and wished they offered non-smoking tables. Follow gamblers were fun and there to gamble - double downing on a 12 while the dealer showed a 10 was common.

Room Tip: Ask for river view, high floor.
2 Thank GottaRun
Chase A, Guest Experience Specialist at L'Auberge Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for celebrating your birthday with us at L’Auberge Baton Rouge! We truly appreciate your feedback and your patronage. As you mentioned, minors are not allowed in Bon Temps Buffet because it is on the casino floor. In addition to PJ’s Café and 18 STEAK, please know that minors are welcome to dine in Stadium Sports Bar & Grill.

We look forward to welcoming you back to L’Auberge Baton Rouge.

Katy, Texas
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving day 2012 found Shirley and I with no place to go, so we decided not to cook and go out toeat and we choose L"Auberge in Baton Rouge. After arriving we found excellent parking, since most are at home on this day. The Casino is nice, new and very clean. We found the staff to be very polite and helpfull in finding our way around. The buffe is typical, nothing bad, nothing great. A nice assortment to choose from. Prices was moderate appox. $30 each. Of the casinos in Baton Rouge I would recommend this one. We walked in the hotel we found the lobby small, but inviting. Not to sound impolite but the clientel there is better than others we have been in the area. I would make a visit before the new wears off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you choosing L’Auberge Baton Rouge and Bon Temps Buffet to celebrate your Thanksgiving Holiday. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We promise you that the “newness” will not wear off and hope that you are able to come and enjoy L’Auberge Baton Rouge for many years to come.

Happy Holidays,

Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I brought my mother to your casino to celebrate her 75th birthday. She loves going to the casino. We brought the kids to celebrate with her at the buffet, but once we arrived we realized the kids could not enter the buffet. We had made plans and reservations to go to the Beau Rivage, but decided to cancel and support our Louisiana casino. That was a mistake; our group had to split up for the birthday meal. We were told that the buffet was too close to the gaming floor; you have to pass through the casino to get to the buffet at the Hard Rock Biloxi. I guess this family will have to go to Mississippi's casinos. Too bad!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Traveler908_12
Thanks for choosing L’Auberge Baton Rouge to celebrate your mother’s 75th birthday. I’m sorry to read that you weren’t able to enjoy your trip as you originally planned. As you mentioned, Bon Temps Buffet is on the casino floor so minors are not permitted to dine at this restaurant. For future visits please know that your entire family is welcome to dine at Stadium Sports Bar & Grill and 18STEAK. These two restaurants are in our promenade and do not require access to the casino.

I truly apologize for any inconvenience that was caused and hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've been here 2 times since it opened weeks ago and will be back many more times. The service was great and so was the atmosphere. I'm telling all of my friends about this place. As a matter if fact my 40th birthday is approaching and I'm thinking about celebrating it there.

• Stayed November 2012
Chase A, Guest Experience Specialist at L'Auberge Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Wade,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your kind words and patronage. We look forward to celebrating a very special 40th Birthday with you!

Best wishes,

Independence Ls
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'm from Baton Rouge & have lived away for 40+ years. This was my chance to again spend the nite in the town that I love. I thoroughly enjoyed knowing I was overlooking the Mississippi River & just the fact that I got to spend the nite in Baton Rouge again. I enjoyed all the games & the buffet was great. I plan to return as often as I can possibly manage it. Thank you for a great experience.

Vicki,

I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip home to a city that you love. We are proud to know that you chose to stay at L’Auberge. Our wonderful team is here to serve you when you’re ready to make another trip home.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2012

my brother and i just stayed at the L'Auberge Casino & Hotel over the recent LSU/Bama weekend...i can tell you, it was right up there with the nicer hotels i've stayed in at Vegas...room was great (we had 2 queen beds on 3rd floor)...beds were AWESOME!!! my brother commented when he sat down "seems a bit hard"....WRONG...very nice...bedding was also very very nice...

casino was nice...plenty of room, not too much smoke...i will say that as far as drink service, it was NOT VEGAS LEVEL...i am used to playing slots and seeing a waitress on a semi-regular interval....i sat and played for over 45 minutes and NEVER saw a single waitress...when i asked about it i always got the same answer (regardless of the time) "uh...it's shift change"...BS...they REALLY need to work on that part of it...

also...we were promised "shuttle service" to the game when the room was booked...what a nightmare....it was "city bus service" so i realize that the casino cannot control, but NOBODY had any idea of what time the service started and where to buy tickets....some said 12 noon, some said 1, some said 2, some said 3....seriously, depending on who you asked, you got a different answer....and it wasn't just us complaining...there was a LONG LINE of people waiting on this bus....i even spoke with the hotel manager (at least that is what he told me), i think he said 2...the bus showed up at 3pm....

anyway, not to nitpick too much....it was LSU/Bama weekend...so i give them a pass...we did try the buffet (definately up to best Vegas standard) and we hit the steak house (18g i think it is called, just across from casino in hotel)...it was AWESOME....20 ounce bone in ribeye was nothing short of excellent...i have learned to go "plus 1" on ordering...so my medium order came out medium rare, which put it right on the money....not cheap by any means, but i can tell you it had to have been the best ribeye i've ever had....good service, good ambiance....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank r1mc1
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at L’Auberge Baton Rouge. I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and meals at both18 STEAK and Bon Temps Buffet. We do regret the inconveniences that you encountered during your visit. The wait time that you experienced for a beverage in the casino is by no means our standard. I will forward your comments on to your beverage team.

It is also apparent that we need to work harder to communicate information about the city’s shuttle system to our team members so that they can better inform our guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will address this.

Thanks again for your patronage and your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to L’Auberge Baton Rouge.

Regards,