“Homecoming”

L'Auberge Casino & Hotel
Ranked #15 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'm from Baton Rouge & have lived away for 40+ years. This was my chance to again spend the nite in the town that I love. I thoroughly enjoyed knowing I was overlooking the Mississippi River & just the fact that I got to spend the nite in Baton Rouge again. I enjoyed all the games & the buffet was great. I plan to return as often as I can possibly manage it. Thank you for a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chase A, Guest Experience Specialist at L'Auberge Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Vicki,

I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip home to a city that you love. We are proud to know that you chose to stay at L’Auberge. Our wonderful team is here to serve you when you’re ready to make another trip home.

There are newer reviews for L'Auberge Casino & Hotel

Reviewed November 15, 2012

my brother and i just stayed at the L'Auberge Casino & Hotel over the recent LSU/Bama weekend...i can tell you, it was right up there with the nicer hotels i've stayed in at Vegas...room was great (we had 2 queen beds on 3rd floor)...beds were AWESOME!!! my brother commented when he sat down "seems a bit hard"....WRONG...very nice...bedding was also very very nice...

casino was nice...plenty of room, not too much smoke...i will say that as far as drink service, it was NOT VEGAS LEVEL...i am used to playing slots and seeing a waitress on a semi-regular interval....i sat and played for over 45 minutes and NEVER saw a single waitress...when i asked about it i always got the same answer (regardless of the time) "uh...it's shift change"...BS...they REALLY need to work on that part of it...

also...we were promised "shuttle service" to the game when the room was booked...what a nightmare....it was "city bus service" so i realize that the casino cannot control, but NOBODY had any idea of what time the service started and where to buy tickets....some said 12 noon, some said 1, some said 2, some said 3....seriously, depending on who you asked, you got a different answer....and it wasn't just us complaining...there was a LONG LINE of people waiting on this bus....i even spoke with the hotel manager (at least that is what he told me), i think he said 2...the bus showed up at 3pm....

anyway, not to nitpick too much....it was LSU/Bama weekend...so i give them a pass...we did try the buffet (definately up to best Vegas standard) and we hit the steak house (18g i think it is called, just across from casino in hotel)...it was AWESOME....20 ounce bone in ribeye was nothing short of excellent...i have learned to go "plus 1" on ordering...so my medium order came out medium rare, which put it right on the money....not cheap by any means, but i can tell you it had to have been the best ribeye i've ever had....good service, good ambiance....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank r1mc1

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at L’Auberge Baton Rouge. I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and meals at both18 STEAK and Bon Temps Buffet. We do regret the inconveniences that you encountered during your visit. The wait time that you experienced for a beverage in the casino is by no means our standard. I will forward your comments on to your beverage team.

It is also apparent that we need to work harder to communicate information about the city’s shuttle system to our team members so that they can better inform our guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will address this.

Thanks again for your patronage and your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to L’Auberge Baton Rouge.

Regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The attention to detail in this hotel is incredible. It is small with only 300 rooms but truly fabulous property. Make sure you allow for time to relax at the roof top pool. There are so many unique touches: tv in bathroom mirror; decorations; fabulous mosaics. Bring your walking shoes and enjoy a walk/run along the Mississippi River levee.

• Stayed: November 2012
Chase A, Guest Experience Specialist at L'Auberge Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Lisa,

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your review. It’s nice to read that you were able to enjoy our beautiful hotel as well as our gorgeous surroundings along the Mississippi River. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotel itself was really nice. As with anything new somethings will be wrong. My room was complimentary so i guess i got what i paid for. The tv in the bathroom did not work. When I called the front desk about it they were supposed to call me back about it, I'm still waiting on the call. The air conditioner in the room would not get any cooler. Hello, this is Louisiana. Though there were somethings that need improvement it is a really nice place to stay. If i had paid $199 for the night and lost money at the casino i would be very angry.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chase A, Guest Experience Specialist at L'Auberge Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Mona,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to L’Auberge Baton Rouge. I’m sorry that there were some issues with your room. Our hotel team will work hard to ensure that this is corrected so that future guests will not encounter this problem.

We appreciate your feedback and continued patronage. I hope to welcome you back to L’Auberge Baton Rouge in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We visited the casino on Halloween and although the place was far from crowded we were given a handicap room. Right away we noticed that this room did not have all the features promised (I'm guessing because it was the handicap room). We experienced difficulty with the cable service and had to wait for little over an hour for someone to show up to correct problem. This was a aggravating since we were there for The Molly Ringwald show in the event center that had already started. The waiting proved to be the case throughout our visit. No one seemed happy to work there or ready to serve customers.

I will say the place is very nice and I'm sure the rooms with the centers in the bathroom mirrors are wonderful, however, our room didn't even have a vent in the bathroom!

Room Tip: Good luck. We asked for a different room but were told it was sold out. If it was, can't imagi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoJoBe

I’m sorry to hear that a technical issue prevented you from enjoying the beginning of our Moll-O-Ween party in the Event Center. The last thing that we want to do is prevent you from enjoying your time with us. Our Facilities team would have been able to repair your television without your presence in the room. I apologize that we did not convey that message to you.

We are proud to offer you a new entertainment destination close to home. We are sorry that we disappointed you on your last visit. I hope that you give us a second chance to exceed your expectecations soon.

All the best,

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Go stay at l'auberge baton rouge! You won't forget it. They got all the details right from the soda machines to the tv in your bathroom mirror. Enjoy this amazing getaway and feel like you're at a resort in Vegas! I can't wait to go back

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you so much for your review! We are so excited to offer a new and exciting gaming destination in Baton Rouge. I’m glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. We can’t wait to have you back!

Thanks!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have been to this casino twice now and after this second visit I will not be going back. The casino is very nice and verges on being immaculate in it's design and features, but the same can not be said for the service.
There are only 2 places on the casino where one can get deal with player card problems the one on the boat has a line that rivals the wait for the iphone 5 on initial release the other one is at the very front of the casino, which if you do go I recommend going to that service desk, the line is much shorter.
After multiple trips to the desk on my second visit to the casino, I had asked about the special they were offering and was informed, after explicitly asking,by the service rep that I did indeed still have the bonus on my card. Well after other issues with my players card I finally get to start playing with the group I had brought with me to play that day to find out that I in fact did not still have the promotion on my card. I was not able to speak to the same rep who had told me initially I did have the bonus, but was referred to another employee who called in a manager, this is where the poor service hits in.
The manager comes down and try to evaluate the situation, but ends up only treating me like I wasn't intelligent and also very rudely informed me that there was no way she could honor the promotion that I had spent money on during my last visit and not in a nice tone that you would expect from the manager of Customer Service, but once again very rudely.
I informed her that she could keep my players card because of her attitude and that I would not be coming back only to wait in lines and not have the promotions be honored and to be talked down too, when I just wanted to enjoy the night with the group I brought and gamble.
Needless to say I went back in and got the people I brought with me out of the casino and went elsewhere with our money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kline M

Kline,

I’m truly sorry to hear about your recent visit to L’Auberge Baton Rouge. We aim to provide our guests with the highest level of service. We appreciate you feedback and will use your experience as a training tool so that others will not have to encounter similar instances.

Please know that you are a valued guest. I hope that you are willing to offer us a second chance to show you what our incredibly talented team can do. I have sent you a private message through TripAdvisor with all of my contact information.

Warmest regards,