“Wonderful dining experience in every way!!!”

Monjunis Italian Restaurant
Ranked #117 of 1,037 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Italian
“Wonderful dining experience in every way!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The decor is adorable and comfortable. It's a casual and classy atmosphere. It's creative and perfect in a very unique way!! The food was delicious!!! The red sauce is everything you would expect and more!! The staff is friendly and accommodating. Perfect casual dining experience!!

• Visited May 2014

Baton Rouge, LA
“Monjunis is a Baton Rouge institution”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Restaurants come and go in Baton Rouge, but institutions tend to hang around. Monjunis is one of those institutions, an Italian restaurant with a long tradition of good if not stellar food served in a family friendly atmosphere. Our recent visit was with a group of friends (12 of us) who like to talk as well as eat. Eating was not an issue but talking was. The restaurant's tight space and low ceilings made for a noisy gathering with little chance of meaningful conversation. Fortunately the solid food offerings (tasty lasagna, stuffed pasta with red and white sauces, shrimp fettucini to name but a few) saved the day for us. Service was attentive and knowledgeable, and while the quality of our dishes was good, the quantity was even more impressive. Several of our group left with boxes in hand.

Visited January 2014
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Decent; but, could be much Better with a Little Effort”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My daughter and I arrived around 6:15 pm for a Thursday dinner. We were immediately seated and we loved the atmosphere. Much of the decor is free lanced and being somewhat artistic ourselves, we loved the added touches of sunflowers, homemade light shades, etc. I won't go into detail with the server's attitude, ability or demeanor. I will just say that being very schooled and experienced in the culinary field, I don't think this restaurant deserves a bad review. Everything went along as planned and flowed smoothly. Our server was not a communicator; but, did answer questions with a smile. The bread came first which is toasted and served with a wonderful red sauce. I asked for untoasted soft Italian bread; but, the server said that ONLY toasted bread was available. I lived in Italy for 6 years and NEVER experienced Toasted bread. Lol.... I had a plate with spag and meatball, chicken lasagna and a muffaletta. The lasagna was really good and the meatball was tasty. However, the spag was NOT al dente!! I can understand soggy spag from Olive Garden; but, NOT from a LOCAL restaurant!! We People from Lafayette, Louisiana. pride ourselves on Local and Monjunis was a disappointment in the "Local" tradition. I will add that a spoon was NOT served with my spaghetti and that is irritating to ME. . Also the Tiramisu was a bit dry and lacked coffee savory. I must add that I was disappointed with the dessert for it was NOT dressed. It simply came to the table on a white plate with two spoons.....where were the plate chocolate designs and squiggly lines? All in all, I did enjoy my food. However, because I am a great admirer of ALL Italian things, people and culture, I honestly believe that this restaurant lacks proper Italian restaurant etiquette. I only say this cuz I feel that this owner, with a little bit of fine tuning. could truly have a wonderful gem on his hands. ...also I found that the female servers were much better dressed than their male counterparts. Again, the food was okay; but, I plan to find another Italian experience on my next trip through Baton Rouge.. .

• Visited December 2013
“Nice, but food is not what I expected.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This is my first time at this establishment. I read a few reviews and decided to try it. Everyone was friendly. I ordered lasagna for my husband and myself (to go). There was a sign that stated their "red sauce" was voted the best. I disagree. The sauce was a bit too sweet for my liking. I hate Olive garden but i think their lasagna is better. If I go back, I may try something different. The entree was 14 bucks. I didn't finish mine and my husband didn't even attempt to finish. It was a waste. But the atmosphere seemed nice.

• Visited June 2013
Louisiana
“Best lasagna”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We visited Monjunis for lunch. We were seated quickly and ordered our lunch. The service was excellent. The lasagna is the best anywhere. The staff asked us several times how our meal tasted. I highly recommend Monjunis. We had limited time to eat lunch. The staff served us quickly and the food was excellent.