“Yum-my!”

Magpie Cafe
Ranked #57 of 1,055 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Local | Seasonal | Organic | Espresso Bar. A local community based cafe serving foods crafted from seasonal ingredients bought from local farmers, local dairies, and bread artisans. We seek organic ingredients first, but when not available use only all-natural, all the time ingredients. The coffee is of the Italian espresso tradition while combining new progressive "Slow Bar" single cup brewing methods that are very popular in Portland and Seattle.
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Best coffee I've had in a while. Gluten free coffee cake just as good as any coffee cake you've ever eaten, mabey better! Nice people, can't wait to go back for Capresi Panini!

1  Thank LARinBR
There are newer reviews for Magpie Cafe

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Really struggled to find a great coffee in Baton Rouge until I finally found Magpie Cafe. It was the best coffee we found in Baton Rouge and so far in the US. We had a latte and it was made by a great young barista that really knew how to make a great coffee. I wish I knew his name as he deserves credit for his effort. It was awesome, creamy, smooth, the right temperature, great quality beans, and a good strength (so many coffee shops have weak coffee) The young barista took care and great pride in making the coffee and did a fabulous job. I wish this was our local coffeeshop but unfortunately we were just visiting the area. I found all of the staff here helpful and very friendly, great little cafe.

1  Thank missyperu
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Didn't know Baton Rouge had anyplace this pleasant: great coffee, thoughtful staff, incredible atmosphere (feels like Austin or Portland in here) and good food with an emphasis on organic and local. Milk choices for coffee drinks run through all the fat ratios on normal milk and include soy and almond--it's *that* kind of place. Thrilled to discover: I'll be back often...

2  Thank SubjectTravel
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This cafe is hit or miss for me - some days the lunch sandwiches are amazing, others they are simply OK. Breakfast is always amazing, and the staff is very energetic and pleasant. They have great vegetarian options, and a few vegan options, but the menu changes every day so check their FB first. It's nice to have a local, seasonal, organic, vegetarian-friendly cafe in town, but they should aim a little higher.

1  Thank rjon112
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife found this place before they opened looking for a water bottle. We usually visit this favorite of ours twice a month. Excellent food and great coffee.

2  Thank Keith S