“Restless...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Seattle, Washington
“Restless...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Arrived late due to the airline and simply needed a good night's sleep before a customer meeting the next day.... Some delay at check-in, but believe it was due to all of us arriving on the late plane. Once to the room, found a dirty stain on the floor in the bathroom and cockroach in the tub. The front staff kindly assigned me to another room quickly - thank you! No issues with the new room. However, the fire alarm went off, not once, not twice, but three separate times before I had to depart at 8am the next morning. One alarm at 2am and another at 4ish. The last was during breakfast in the dining area in the morning. After that, my co-worker and I decided that this is probably the last time we'd stay at this location. The breakfast staff were not terribly attentive - perhaps they were tired too. HGI's are usually a safe bet, but be wary at this one.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

GM allowed me to check in early due to business emergency, which was very convenient!
Staff was very professional & courteous!
Room was clean, with all working amenities.
Will definitely return.
Wish the dinner menu had more of a variety, especially since the only close eateries are Subway, IHOP, and Burger King.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Aurora, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you're looking for something close to the SU campas, you've found it. Can you catch a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I've stayed here a couple times for Homecoming and have always found it quite good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Forney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I enjoy staying at the Hilton Inn, I just was upset because I was unable to use my Hilton Honor points on 02/09/13; because the computer were down which was not my fault; therefore, we stayed at another hotel in the area since the rate was less since I had to pay out of pocket; on 02/10/13, I was able to use my Hilton Honor points; we had a nice experience. Lastly, we only staying one night I did not understand why housekeeping came twice to clean the room and we were scheduled to check out at noon.

Room Tip: King room on 2nd floor are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

It too us four goes to get a satisfactory room. Broken fixtures, air conditioning that didn't work, cleanliness issues, etc etc. The check in staff were not real enthusiastic about helping. They ke[t putting us in rooms that should have been taken out of service even though the hotel was empty. Breakfast food was below par and the staff were more interested in chit chatting, loafing around and distracting the customers by pestering them with banal conversation to allow anyone to enjoy their food. We eventually settled for a room that we shouldn't have really stayed in but it was late and we were tired and sick of touring the hotel to try and find a good room. It wasn't overly clean, bathroom fittings were loose, the extraction fan in the bathroom didn't work, and a number of other problems.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a review I've been putting off because I have mixed feelings about my stay there. The location of this hotel is good, and it's convenient to the highway. It's within walking distance from a Subway sandwich shop and IHOP. The room was clean and the towels were of a good quality. The staff, for the most part, was friendly and helpful. My main complaint stems from a power outage that occurred during my stay. There was no lasting backup power supply to the hotel, so it was without power (that includes heat & lights -- including the stairwells ) for a 1/2 day of waking hours. I won't drone on about all of the details, but when it was all said and done Hilton refused to issue me a credit for the 1/2 day the power was off -- despite their signs all over the hotel that said something to the effect of "if you're not satisfied, you don't pay." The only concession they were willing to make was credit me for approx. $20 for a meal we ate there. Mind you, I stayed there for several days, so the bill was several hundred dollars. Not only did this sour me on this particular hotel, but on Hilton properties in general.

Room Tip: I would request a room on one of the lower floors in case there's a power outage.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Coppell, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I visited this hotel for one night to participate in the Louisiana Marathon. It's less than two miles from the airport and hardly fifteen minutes to Government Street in downtown (without traffic). My room was large enough to hold two televisions. It would be great for a week-long visit. I neither ate breakfast nor used the fitness facility at this hotel; however, I looked at the fitness facility which was well maintained: free weights, treadmill(s) and elliptical(s). I left the hotel next morning before breakfast commenced. Parking is hasslefree. Business center is easy to utilize and features two computers with internet access on ground floor behind reception. Hotel is recommended.

Room Tip: Hotel is quiet enough all around and no certain rooms have significant advantage.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo