“Nice rooms, no breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Baton Rouge Airport
Ranked #17 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Nice rooms, no breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I'm a flight attendant, so my company paid for this, however, it was a great room. Very spacious, and super clean. My only complaint was that breakfast was not included.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Jesslikestravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Shelburne, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

On the North edge of the city this is the place for a quiet nights rest on a business trip. It is some distance from the LSU campus. It has a great staff and a very good brekfast. I have stayed here several times on business and will book this hotel each time I am in Baton Rouge.
By the way the brekfast is worth getting up early to enjoy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Wadi S
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

All staff at this hotel is super friendly and helpful! We stayed in a junior queen suite on the first floor. Room was nice and clean, beds were fine, and we had plenty of room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank barks87
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a nice place to stay weather on business or pleasure trip. From the minute you walk in until check out the staff is very friendly and helpful. The room has updated furniture, beds are comfy, and decorating is nice. Great location to the airport. Short trip to get downtown.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Darquig
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

This hotel met my expectations and was a very good place to stay. I'd recommend it. It was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the hotel had free breakfast that was very good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank russ_quim
Palm Desert, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed in room 114 of this hotel, which was convenient to the front desk and the pavilion pantry as well as the restaurant portion of the hotel. While I thought this was an ideal location, my wife didn't like being on the first floor, claiming it was too noisy. Our next door neighbors had a group of kids who were very noisy. We had to call the front desk to ask them to keep it down. The room was very nice and clean, however, and the air conditioner worked very well. One thing, though. We'd forgotten our tooth brushes and went to the front desk inquiring about disposable tooth brushes and were surprised when they said they didn't carry them. We had mouthwash provided, as well as soap and shampoo and conditioner, but no toothbrushes. The bedding was comfortable and the TV worked excellently. Also, there was a coffee maker in the room as well as a port for internet access.

As for the dinner dining experience, it took a lot of patience before our waitress finally decided to come take our order. I wanted a Cesar salad but they were out of it (at 9:15 PM) and so I wanted a spinach salad which they were also out of at that time. I ended up getting a grilled chicken dinner with asparagus and rice, which tasted very good, but the wait time for the dinner was longer than expected. Our waitress seemed more inclined to talk to other co-workers before turning in our order. My wife got to thinking that maybe it would have been quicker had we ordered room service (available until 10PM).

Also, we had to catch a taxi to our next destination, 7 miles away. The local Hilton van shuttle would only take us 5 miles and wouldn't grant us an extra two miles at the time of night when it really wasn't that busy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Keatho
Hastings, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

I arrived shortly after noon for a one night stay for business. Service at the front desk was prompt and I was given a room right away. On my way back from the room I inquired about some restaurant choices and got two sheets with directions to a couple of local haunts to try.
The employees here were all professional, helpful and friendly. All the staff greated me with a "Hello" or "Do you need help or may I help you", from the shuttle driver to the cleaning staff.
The pool area is out the rear of the building, it's small but has some chairs and tables with umbrellas. This day there was a breeze blowing that made it bearable although the temperature and humidity were both in the mid 90°. There is a small workout room that is between the pool and the elevators. It was very clean and well stocked with towels.
Breakfast is well appointed, fresh fruit, juices, yogurt, sweet rolls, muffins, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc, all pretty well prepared for a buffet setting. There is a chef to cook omlets or eggs to order, too.
If I'm traveling or have other co-workers headed to Baton Rouge this spot will get my recommendation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business