Open today: 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM

Reviewed 1 week ago
LindaC6396
Dublin, Ohio
via mobile

All reviews self guided tour fletcher class ship tour ww ii steep stairs great ship world war tight quarters pearl harbor piece of history own pace military history mississippi river nice museum great history lots of history sailors
Reviewed today

The USS Kidd is always a great place to visit. The tour is interesting and children absolutely love walking around the ship and climbing down the hatches!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We toured this museum today, thoroughly enjoying our visit. Displays were well done, providing lots of information supported by many interesting artifacts. The self-guided tour through the authentically restored USS Kidd destroyer provided an accurate glimpse into life on board the destroyer and the ship’s operation. We spent about 2 hours in the museum, and highly recommend it to others.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We love just going to spend the day walking the levee and touring the ship. Nice relaxing family time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had an amazing time and learned so much! Definitely worth the price. We will be back our next trip to Baton Rouge.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We really enjoyed our self guided tour of this ship. It is amazing the condition our WWII naval soldiers worked in.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pretty cool to see this Fletcher-class destroyer USS KIDD (DD-661) from WW2. They will actually let you walk through the ship. Educational and exciting to get to experience history. They have a little gift shop in the Museum as well. Enjoyed the Museum - they had a maritime exhibit going on when I went through. I know that they change out some of the areas of the museum. Good for families and groups.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Our 2018 ships reunion was in the NOLA area. We made a trip up to Baton Rouge to see the USS Kidd the same class of Destroyer we served on. Outwardly, it looked pretty much like our ship. Inwardly it was different. When they restored her they brought her back to her 1943 configuration when she was built but in 1951 many were converted to what we all served on. So internally things were different but I have to say, since I got off the USS Preston DD-795 in the 1960's it was great to be aboard a ship like we served on. The trip to see her was well worth it!

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend went expecting to hear interesting facts about the ship and it’s story but that was not the case. Someone gave a brief rundown about the ship before telling us we could walk around and look at the ship. Again, nothing very exciting or interesting to see. I won’t go back and wouldn’t recommend it for tourists. The scenery around it however, is beautiful. I love sitting on the levy steps and watching the different barges pass.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

This tour was self guided which was awesome so that we could take pictures and go at our own pace. I made the mistake of wearing a sundress...DO NOT wear anything that you can’t move around in because you are going up and down ladders and tight spaces, however my husband and I were fascinated with how you could go up and down the levels of the ship and ask questions to the guides there if you need it. Very cool and if you research it, the ship is haunted with sailors!

1  Thank Sierra O
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

It was my first time in a WWII ship, this destroyer class is packed with guns and firepower. It is hands down awesome to see all that clustered perfectly in a ship of this size. I recommend this to any engineer like myself, I enjoyed every bit of it, however it is suitable for a family trip!