“Left us stranded!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baton Rouge Zoo

Baton Rouge Zoo
Ranked #14 of 62 things to do in Baton Rouge
More attraction details
Owner description: More than 944 animals and birds, set in their natural outdoor habitats, plus a children's area, tram and train rides make this a family-friendly attraction.
Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Left us stranded!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

This zoo is really small, and the animals all looked like they were cast-offs from other zoos. The habitats were really pathetic. I felt so sorry for the poor animals on the concrete. The worst part was the little train that takes you around the outside of the zoo. It derailed while we were at the back of the property, and the guy running the train just told us to get off and walk. A 20 minute walk on a narrow train track with swamp on both sides was so unpleasant for small children. Not to mention the families that had babies with them. When we finally got back to the front of the zoo, the woman in the ticket booth told me they were closed when I asked for a refund for the train fee. Caveat emptor!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Patricia718

Calgary, Alberta
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Probably the best zoo I have ever visited! Better than San Diego!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

For the $8.25 admission price, the value is amazing! We felt like we were stealing, the value was so good. The zoo is huge, has a terrific assortment of animals, and we got so close to so many of them. I sincerely believe that this zoo is even more impressive than the San Diego Zoo, and at a fraction of the cost! Do not go to Baton Rouge and not visit this zoo... it is spectacular!

Visited September 2012
independence, LA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Loads of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We took our toddler and baby. The rental strollers are easy to use. The lil train is fun and the exhibits are nice. The children enjoyed the play park area by the petting zoo section. Even though it is not the largest zoo there was so much to do and see we couldn't really do it all in one day. Well ot with two little children. People were all friendly.

Visited September 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Moderate sized zoo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

It is always clean -- not overcrowded ..decent for the price -- but way out of town if you don't live in the area ... This is a "basics" zoo -- no frills --- but has upgraded the Tiger area to reflect the New Orleans zoo .....

Visited November 2012
Fordoche, Louisiana, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“empty cages”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

A lot of the cages were empty and this was a great disappointment for myself and my children. I felt like I had wasted my money when I left.

Visited October 2012