“good stay”

Ranked #47 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“good stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

we stay at this place more often. it was a really good stay. as soon as you wake in office. you have a front desk give us a big smile. made our day. frontdesk is really friendly, room is big and clean, overall this hotel is place to stay in baton rouge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our king room was spacious with a loveseat and coffee table. The furnishings were OK for this price room. Our room was clean and Shawn was very friendly and helpful at check-in. The mattress was very comfortable. The breakfast selection was fair. Overall, a good stay for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Prashant P, Manager at Super 8 Baton Rouge/I-12, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
The staff at Super 8 is pleased to here that we met your expectations. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to making your next stay in Baton Rouge an excellent stay.

Warm Regards,
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

During my 2 night stay, the staff was helpful, the room was clean and well maintained, and I had great connection to the internet compare to other hotels. I plan on staying during my work visit to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Georgetown, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed one night in a two queen room. The front desk person was friendly enough. This is a two story motel with outside room doors. The problems started when we got to the room. First, the room was SWELTERING!! They had turned the air conditioning off in the room all day. So when we got there at 9pm the room was hotter that the outside temperature of 86 degrees and stank of musty, stale air. The A/C was turned on its coldest setting and the room still did not get comfortable until about 1am.

The next problem was that there was food left in the room's refrigerator. Then, while looking for a TV channel guide, I found an unopened condom in the bedside nightstand. Add that to the pubic hair on the sheets(GROSS!) and I had to wonder what else hadn't been cleaned.

The room itself was okay. It had plenty of room. But it had at one time had a different layout. There was a fluorescent light fixture on the ceiling that at one time must have been over a bed. It sat there over nothing across from where the beds are now. It looked very out of place. The TV was older, but worked. The light switches between the bed were attached to a piece of metal about 12 inches long and cut into the drywall and painted over. No attempt to patch it in and smooth in over. The bathroom ceiling must have had some damage and repaired. When they painted the ceiling they put a half a coat of paint on it. You could see the repair work through what little paint they used. The toilet handle was loose and in the morning it became disconnected. We lifted the toilet tank lid and reconnected it. The shelf located next to the bathroom was close to falling off and was hanging by two screws that were halfway out of the wall. Anything more than a pound would have brought the whole thing down. Bottom line is this motel is borderline dumpy and it's obvious that housekeeping and maintenance is doing shoddy work.

The mattresses were terrible. In my bed, you could hear springs popping every time you got in bed. While in bed, the bed dipped into the middle. Needless to say, we woke up with sore backs and tired.

The free continental breakfast was sparse at best. All they offered to eat was waffles, muffins and two kinds of cereal. There was juice and coffee to drink. The dining area was super tiny with three tables that were meant to sit two but they placed four chairs at them.

We were disappointed in our stay, because the reviews were pretty good. But I will definitely not stay here again. For $89, I expected something a little nicer. Next time I am in the area I will fork out the extra $20 and stay at a Holiday Inn Express(the chain we use the most).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

West Memphis, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

My family and I stayed 3 nights at this location while visiting our family. First, the staff was very friendly especially Nick who was friendly, accommodating to our needs, and very informative of the area. Secondly, the room was very clean and well stocked with neccesities. Thirdly, the housekeeping staff was great and very respectful. Fourth, the continental breakfast was plentious and the area was CLEANER than some other hotels that I have stayed in. Lastly, our room rate was very economical. The pool was not over crowded and other guests were not ruining our visit. My family and I are planning to revisit the area soon and have already decided to stay there again. Again thanks to Nick, Raj, and ALL of the other staff members!!!!

Room Tip: Eventhough our room was facing the interstate, the noise went unnoticed...slept like babies!