“Best Part of our Stay was the Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Baton Rouge/I-12

Super 8 Baton Rouge/I-12
Ranked #51 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Ottawa, Ont
“Best Part of our Stay was the Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

We noticed a Super 8 sign on Hwy 12 that advertised free wifi and breakfast. We decided to get a room for the night. Shawn at the front desk greeted us and also offered to find us a good location for dinner. He even called around for us to find a restaurant that offered alligator appetizer. He was so helpful and had a great personality. Thanks Shawn! We got the room with a jacuzzi which was nice because after a long day of travel it was great to relax. The next morning at breakfast Nick (front desk) went out of his way to print off directions to 'must see' restaurants in New Orleans for the last night of our vacation. The room was average but the staff made this a hotel we would definitely come back to if we ever get to Baton Rouge again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank constanceottawa
Prashant P, Manager at Super 8 Baton Rouge/I-12, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
The staff at Super 8 recognized your review on Tripadvisor, and appreciates the kind gesture. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip in the United States and made it home Safely. You have generously helped us by mentioning how you enjoyed your stay here. Any problems during your stay will be reviewed, so the same problem may not occur again.

We look forward to your visit to Baton Rouge in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2010

I travel a fair amount and over the last few years I have stayed at this place 10 to 12 times. The room is always nice and clean, and I have never seen any roaches. The bed is comfortable and the AC potent. I plan to continue staying here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ray041
Edmonton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

The room we were assigned was on the freeway side, noisey and unkempt. Couldn't believe there was either cat or dog feces in the corner of the room by the sink area...bedspread was stained and dirty. Reception was very apologetic and accommodating and moved us to another room on the backside of the hotel. No cups in the room, dust balls all along the walls - basically not well maintained. Breakfast was a disappointment. Waffles tasted sour - let the front desk know and they said it was because there was too much water in the mix....highly doubtful...others made comments about that as well. No fruit..... needless to say we didn't eat there. I would not recommend this motel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Augusta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

Stayed at this hotel on the way to Houston and then on the way back home. Very comfortable, clean rooms, friendly staff and at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Barboursville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

I am presently staying at this hotel. Really wish I wasn't! I booked what looked like a nice room by the pictures on the website, but do not be decieved. This room sucks. The bed is horrible and I am in a so-called "King Suite". When I looked online, it showed a King bedroom and then it showed a King Suite. When I checked in, the front desk clerk said that ll his rooms are "suites". They should be ashamed to call this room a suite. I have not slept well at all as you sink in the middle of this worn out bed. I have killed several bugs in the room already and even was awakened by a bug crawling on my leg as I was in bed!
The highway noise from I-12 will keep you awake. The coffemaker was in a state of non-cleanliness that I went and bought my own (coffeemaker) for fear of making coffee in theirs. One day as I was here, they were changing (installing) new locks on the doors of all the rooms. I always leave my DND sign on the door as I have electronic equipment that I store in the room, so the least amount of people seeing it the better. When I returned the day thay changed the lock on my door, not only was the cleaning lady in my room, but the door was WIDE OPEN!
Just dont stay here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank trbl4u2
enufspice
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

This was my first visit to Baton Rouge and needed someplace to stay that would be close to LSU without spending alot of money since I would not be in the room much. The yellow walls were quite bright - not a soothing color. There is a sign on the bed for going green so leave sign on bed if you do not want your sheets changed. The sheets didn't look clean from the beginning of my stay and housekeeping ignored my request to change the sheets. The breezeway smells of urine. Then, there are ROACHES! Very nasty hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank enufspice
Yazoo Ms
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2008

I stay in motels all over SouthEast USA almost every weekend doing arts and craft shows.This is the worse motel we have stayed in this year.Filthy rooms,black mold all over baseboards.The windows in the lobby were so dirty it looks like its cloudy with the sun shining.The breakfast area was also filthy,the garbage can looked like it hasn't been washed in years.I can't believe they charge $75 per night for this dump!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business