The Cook Hotel and Conference Center at LSU
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Baton Rouge Marriott(Baton Rouge)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsalumni associationstayed hereawesome gift shoplocation location locationgeaux tigersplace to stayhome gamepleasure of stayingregular roomliving roombuffet breakfastquiet areacomfortable bedsbusiness or pleasurevisiting baton rougewould highly recommend this hotelstaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2012

First class accommodation. Very clean and comfortable. In the grounds of the LSU. A car needed as the campus is out of town.
Breakfasts were of a great standard.

Room Tip: Deals may be available out of the school semesters. All rooms should e good as the hotel is away from traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank slhardy
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Great location right on the LSU campus. Across the street from the LSU Lake with a great 4 mile running trail. Comfortable rooms, friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex99998
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I have lived not far from BR almost my whole life and had never even heard about this hotel. I LOVED IT!!! Very nice! Very clean! Very professional! My room was quiet but I was at the end....in the back. Also, I was not there on a game night, I was there on a Sunday night and most everyone checking in were people that were staying for functions on campus. I was on the ground floor. The complimentary breakfast was yummy! I was happy to get eggs that tasted so good!
Heavenly beds are so comfortable!

Room Tip: If you need quiet then I would suggest a room at the very back on the top floor...as far away from people as possible.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 123forme
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Pros: 1. The hotel is situated on the LSU campus and very convenient if you have meetings there. The hotel is also near the lake, but that by no means will guarantee you a lake view. I ended up looking at the building in front of the lake - and I suspect many others had my same experience.
2. Hotel staff was very courteous and generally helpful.
3. Breakfast was decent. Nothing spectacular and nothing to write home about.

Cons: 1. Noisy. Between the elevator pinging near my door the entire night and the old plumbing in the hotel, I was unable to get a good night's sleep my entire stay (3 nights). The elevators pinged whenever someone got on, someone got off, or someone passed by your floor. In this case, that meant the elevator was in full speed until about 12/1am to 5/6am. If the elevator didn't wake you up after that, the plumbing sure would. Whenever someone used the bathroom, it was quite loud. Usually the water running in the sink or the toilet flushing was not that bad, but the water pressure and old pipes when someone took a shower made it so incredibly loud so that I actually shot out of bed my first night.
2. Also, as mentioned earlier, the water pressure in the shower was quite bad so you felt as if you were beaten by water pellets every time you showered. Not pleasant.
3. Unable to sleep well for the entire length of my stay. If your goal is to get a good night's sleep, pick another hotel. You won't be getting it here.
4. But perhaps most importantly, it is a bad value for your money.

I would not recommend this hotel to family or friends. It is overpriced for the value. Pick a cheaper hotel and get yourself a good night's sleep. You will thank yourself in the morning.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this hotel, I highly recommend making sure that your hotel is not located near the elevators as you will be up all night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Molly W
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights as part of a business meeting and in general, it's a good hotel, convenient to LSU, with easy access to a pretty park with paths and a lake. But, since I had no car, I found it difficult to really get around the rest of the city from here. The included breakfast was very tasty, with different sides each morning, and a comfortable restaurant area with optional outdoor seating. Complimentary newspapers were nice too! The hotel's room was clean, with comfortable beds, although the doors were a bit thin so I could easily hear other people talking and slamming doors up and down the hall. I ended up wearing earplugs the first night thanks to my neighbors' loud talking.

I haven't stayed at other places in BR, so I don't know whether other hotels would have been better situated for seeing the city. This one was good for getting to campus and did have that yummy breakfast. Plus it was less than $100/night for my room.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business