“Quiet and romantic, great food”
Review of Beausoleil

Beausoleil
Reserve with OpenTable
Beausoleil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 1,084 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is the best restaurant in Baton Rouge, in my opinion. My last visit there was for a cocktail and light plate before theater. We took advantage of the lively outdoor courtyard. The oysters in truffle sauce was to die for! This place is close to perfection for a date.

1  Thank Dermoidontheroad

Reviewed October 5, 2012

After my first visit, I concluded I didn't need to return. However, time had passed and I kept seeing the cars there, so I thought it must have improved. No, it hasn't. I was there at lunch. After getting our water and iced teas, we were left to sit. Finally, one of our small group signaled to a waitress that we would like to order. We had salads of one kind or another. They were o.k. We ordered one dessert to share: chocolate pot de creme, which was very good. The service, or lack of, sort of countered the food. Baton Rouge has too many really good restaurants who employ service people who know how to treat their customers. This place is not one of them.

2  Thank MarNune
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a local favorite, a small place in a shopping center next to a grocery. Don't let that fool you. This is one of the best places in town. High end dishes, elevated Cajun food. Prices are very good for the type of elevated food and beautiful presentation you get. Entrees range from the high teens to 35 bucks for the filet mignon. The wine list is also very good. It has bottles from $24 to the very expensive. Great for trying new bottles. Service and ambiance is very relaxed and homey. Dinner is amazing, but this place does an amazing bruch also.

Recommendations: the pork belly over rice with green tomato BBQ sauce, jumbo sea scallops over chorizo risotto, and the white chocolate and butterscotch bread pudding.

1  Thank 40Rouge
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Everything about Beausoleil was top notch. I cannot recommend the scallops enough...even if you don't care for scallops. I have never had them prepared so perfectly and the chorizo risotto was to die for. The atmosphere, service, and wine list were all above my expectations. We will definitely be back very soon!

2  Thank BayouBelle614
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Love the scallops and the gnocchi. Probably get that every time I go. Their specialty drinks are amazing.