“Don't bother”

Ranked #37 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Stonewall, United States
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

This facility is basically new - about a year old. And yet on the inside it looks like its about 10 years old. Poorly maintained facility with filthy carpets, broken fixtures, and dangerous electrical sockets. It definitely does not meet my expectations for a Best Western Plus facility. The one redeeming quality is comfortable beds and pillows.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

9 Thank Shawn M
Vishal J, Manager at Siegen Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Sir, Thank You so much for your feedback about our hotel and we will be very happy to investigate the issues you have found. Like any relationship, including business and customer, it is most important to clarify problems with each other during the stay. However, I am very happy to inform you that since the last month we are undergoing continuous renovation which included the time during your stay, but due to higher occupancy we can't limit room inventory because we never deny any service to our guests who we consider our family. Furthermore, it is our topmost priority to ensure the safety of every guest, and we have investigated all areas included electrical sockets.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Mobile, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stay here a couple times a month for business. I have been using this hotel since they opened and will drive extra to stay here so that I don't have to take a chance on getting a bad one. The rooms are always clean and it is the best hotel for the price range. I will continue to use them.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

My wife and I were forced to drive from New Orleans to Baton Rouge due to airport closures as a result of bad weather. I found this hotel on my mobile device while driving. Check in was quick and easy and the hotel looked like it just opened. Very clean and comfortable and priced right!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

West palm beach Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. Just off I-10 with plenty of restaurants. The staff was very friendly and provided great service. If there was no complaint it was with housekeeping. They did a terrible job. Also in the morning they would be sitting around the breakfast room. Not sure why. The breakfast was okay and during my trip not crowded. The hotel was off the street enough that you did not hear the outside traffic. I would stay here agin but would hope the housekeeping improves.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Icecreamcake
Fort Smith, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

This hotel is in a prime location for my Thanksgiving holiday with family. I have stayed here a few times before without incident, but not this time. Upon check-in our reservation was lost or wrong. It took 20 minutes to check in. My mothers room had a refrigerator that didn't work and my room wasn't very clean. I have stayed at Best Western across the country and have never had this next part happen. My wife and I got cold late at night due to the heating unit not doing it's job. At 4am I asked the front desk to bring us a blanket and he refused. He said "we don't do that here". I had to get dressed at 4am and proceed to the front desk to retrieve the blanked that he reluctantly got for me. I was very upset. I explained that I've never had this happen. I am a Diamond member which means I've stayed for literally months in Best Western's and this is a first. I asked if I could get the owner's number to talk to him about it, and her refused. I explained that I would call corporate and complain and he said "it won't do any good, we're franchised" Unbelievable. I will never stay at this hotel again and I recommend you don't either. The pricing is not competitive, they don't have suites, the don't have good breakfast, and they don't bring things to you when needed. Sad.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

9 Thank Joshua T
ManagerSiegen, Manager at Siegen Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

We apologize to not have met you expectations and your comments are very important to us to improve the different areas of the hotel.
Anacortes, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I can not say enough about the service and personnel at this Best Western Plus Siegen Inn. They are definitely a PLATINUM Inn for all to stay at. The desk clerk directed us to one of the best eating places on our trip, along with the nearest Walgreens to obtain medicine that was needed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Picayune, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel 3 weeks now while working on a job in Port Allen. I can honestly say this is the BEST Best Western I've ever stayed in. I stay in hotels at least 8 months a year for work. This hotel staff is the best I have ever experienced. They are all super friendly and helpful. I must say that Tina J. Has gone above and beyond to make sure that I had everything I needed. She even put a surprise in my room for me that I requested. She was great and she loves volleyball. Aviance M. Was also extremely helpful. She made sure I was taken care if and good to go. She was also extremely friendly especially considering it was 12am when I got checked in. I just want to thank the hard working staff and managers and let them know how great my stay was. Thanks Guys!!

Jeff V.

Room Tip: Nice shower head in 117